Author Topic: Fitz Patrick  (Read 3149 times)

Offline louieparker

Fitz Patrick
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »
Has anyone seen any guns signed Fitz Patrick ?   Louie

oakridge

Re: Fitz Patrick
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
Louie, I have seen a gun marked Fitz Patrick, but can't remember where or what it was. At the time, I tried to make a connection to Fitzpatrick, but obviously not the same name or person. Are there any other initials or markings?

Offline louieparker

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:06:24 PM »
Oakridge
The first name is Fritz and the last is Patrick ..  When pronounced it sounds like one word.      ( Fitzpatrick)   For some time I thought it was one word. I know of no initial. But have been told he sometimes inlaid a gold horn of plenty.  He made both knives and guns and worked with Stephen Odell of Natchez Ms before going out on his own.
I appreciate your response and if you recall anything about the one you have seen , let me know,,,Louie     

Offline PPatch

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:47:29 AM »
Just an aside, but In irish lingo "Fitz" means "son of," So FitzPatrick means Son of Patrick. The Scots are the same with the "Mc or Mac" as in MacFarland...

dave
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:49:18 AM by PPatch »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

oakridge

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
Louie, the gun I saw was marked Fitz Patrick - two words - and not Fritz. There were no other initials. I'm very familiar with R. Fitzpatrick marked guns and I'm sure there's no connection. If I come up with some info I'll post it.

Offline louieparker

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »
Oakridge

SORRY ! The R is a typing error .   Fitz is the correct spelling....LP