Author Topic: Table Shoot  (Read 45411 times)

Offline Don Getz

Re: Table Shoot
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 05:18:22 AM »
Son of a gun, I thought "Robin" was a girls name????    Boy, was I wrong.     You guys might get me to come out of
retirement, besides, someone has to be last...........Don

Offline Daryl

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »
That looks like fun!  Thanks for posting.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

dagner

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 10:10:24 AM »
 Kermit   mike m just shot a 10 shot chunk string at 60 yards  at zenia  that messured 3.000  man can mike shoot.al  14 shots 4 practice and 10 record fit under a quarter.
dag

Offline Tony N

• Rabbit Hash,Ky
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »
This sounds like a lot of fun! Are you still having the shoot on the 28th? I'd like to give it a try.

~Tony

Offline spiderman852

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Yes, the shoot is still on for the 28th.

I hope the weather cooperates!

Mike

Offline gumboman

• Gumbocooking
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 08:35:15 PM »
That sound like a fun match. Will have to try this at my club this spring.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 05:06:34 AM »
Mike,
Spoke with Robin the other evening and told him I won't make December. I'm hoping the Doc takes out the pins in my finger next week but he's saying it may be Spring before the hand is back in action. Give my regards to all who show up and I hope thw weather is good and the competition is tough.
Mark
Mark

Offline spiderman852

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 02:08:10 AM »
Mark, sorry you won't be there. Take care of yourself and have a safe winter and a Merry Christmas.

See you in the spring.
Mike

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 02:57:26 AM »
Mike,
Thanks. And to all reading the post, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SaFE AND hAPPY NEW YEAR.
Mark
Mark

mmprwarner

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 01:30:34 AM »
Oh yes, we will have shoot on the 28th. I have spoken with Alan about this weather situation before. I'm sure if it's not as cooperative as we like will work our way around it. Hope to see all of you can be there in the meantime, stay safe and stay in touch.

mmprwarner

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 06:33:50 PM »
I just checked the 10 day forecast for the AW Coon range and greater southern orange Indiana, four December 28, it looks like the weather man or woman is calling for a high 34° partly cloudy skies the low the night before is supposed to be 24°, there will be a good fire in the shop and we will start a fire at the range, I'd like to try to get a feel for who thinks are coming. I'm thinking that sounds like good weather have a big pot of chili and or vegetable soup. If some of you wanted to bring something to go along with that would be great. You can either post back here or send me an email. I'm just trying to get a grip on how many people to expect as per usual, we'll have a good time.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 06:39:48 PM »
@!*% Robin your're going ahead without me any way! Seriously, I hope everyone shows up and has a great safe shoot. I'm sorry I won't be able to be with you but the therapist just started moving the finger earlier this week and it's going to be a while. Please tell everyone I hope they had a wonderful holiday and wish them a safe and healthy new year.
Mark
Mark

Offline Kermit

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
Dang, Mark, it's pretty bad when you can't even eat soup! Stick with that PT!
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »
Kermit,
Soup is the easy part, when you have a straw. My wife is cutting everything else for me, but I am feeding myself. Everything is shrinking from lack of use, except my waistline.
Mark
Mark

dagner

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 02:31:48 AM »
  hip boots and boat time -man is dropping some big time rain.hope it clears up for a good shoot
dag

mmprwarner

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 06:11:28 PM »
Starting time table shoot Saturday the 28th
I've been watching the weather forecast, Saturday is looking very encouraging for a shoot. I have spoken with a couple of the shooters were thinking that starting a little later in the day would be better. We were thinking maybe 11 o'clock, we should still be able to finish ample time for everybody to get home at a reasonable hour. One of to put this up in front of you and get your opinion. Please spread the word to anybody that may not have received this. I'm sending it on email to all that I have and posting it on Facebook, American long rifles and Panthers Lodge. It has been the consensus so far that we would be into a little warmer part of the day. The cook has informed me that we are having chili. Anything you might like to bring to go with that would be deeply appreciated and I'm sure that we will have a great time. Please respond as quickly as you can everybody be safe. Hope to see you Saturday. I know some of you will not be able to make it, you will be sorely missed, but if you would please help spread the word. I would consider it a personal favor. Thanks, Robin

mmprwarner

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »
Ok , it's game on for the table shoot tomorrow at the Coon range 11:00 AM weather forecast looks real good. The range looks real good. Hope to see it much of you there tomorrow. Be safe.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn't find it.

Can someone please explain exactly how this game is shot??  Does someone have a manual, or set of rules?

It seems like an absolute blast. I'd love to do this for our club.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Kermit

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
I have never shot a table shoot, Dane, but would like to. It seems to me the "rules" are not a universal and sanctioned thing, as if established by, say, the NMLRA. So I think it would vary a little. Someone could correct my misapprehensions, but I understand it's pretty much like a chunk shoot elevated off the ground and shot at shorter range. And with a weight limit for the rifles. How far off am I?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 06:28:18 PM by Kermit »
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
Kermit,
The only thing you left out are the sights. Chunk matches require open rear sights and the table guns can use rear peeps, shaders are permitted. The weight limit is 13#. I won't be there but I certainly hope the weather holds and everyone has a fun an SAFE shoot. See you in the Spring.
Mark
Mark

Offline Skychief

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 04:14:27 AM »
Where is the Coon range?  Directions appreciated.  May have a friend or two up for going for a look-see tomorrow.   Thanks much.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
I just need the basics. At that point, I should be able to make up the rest. Distance, number of shots, how the spotter thing works, etc., would be nice.
Just a basic rundown of how it works.
At this point, our club only does trail walks.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline spiderman852

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
Coon,s range is located near Glenwood Indiana. About 6 miles south of  town. For more specific directions you may call  Robin Warner @ 1-765-561-3305

Hope to see some new faces, Mike

Offline Skychief

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
Thanks Spiderman.   We are in SW Indiana.   Hope you all have a great shoot.   We hope to join you at a future get-together. 

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 05:07:58 AM »
I was thinking of trying to make this shoot but it  just didn't happen.   I don't know what kind of weather they had in Indiana
but it hit 50 degrees here in central Pa., what a beautiful day.  I have been suffering with a bout of bursitis in my right shoulder
which does not go too well with shooting.  Make sure someone gives us some results from the shoot..........Don