Author Topic: KRF-Kentucky Rifle Foundation  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
KRF-Kentucky Rifle Foundation
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:25:15 AM »
Hurricane’s recent topic “Collecting Kentucky Rifles and American History... a movement” reminded me of the good work that the KRF (Kentucky Rifle Foundation) has been doing for the advancement of the Longrifle culture that we here at ALR so much enjoy.

For those of you that don’t know, the KRF is the educational arm of the KRA (Kentucky Rifle Association). It is made up of KRA members that are willing to volunteer their time to work to spread the longrifle culture to the general public. ALR member “HIB” is certainly one of the key people helping drive this educational group, he devotes many hours working with displays, book and CD sales etc. In addition to “HIB” we have at least two other ALR members that work with the KRF, they are “Wayne Elliott” and “VP”, I suspect there are others but my old memory fails me at times, sorry if I missed anyone.

The KRF has for years placed educational displays at the annual CLA meeting, NRA annual meetings as well as most of the local longrifle shows. It is also involved in many other venues as the occasion allows.

If you that have not seen the books and CD’s that the KRF offer for sale, you are missing a great opportunity to study fantastic color photos of wonderful original longrifles. The KRF books and CD’s are top quality, professionally made full color photographs of some of the best longrifles seen in America today. The books contain some of the best reference material that is available. Click on the following link to see the KRF wares:  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=22518.0  All are available to the general public at reasonable prices so be sure to tell your friends what’s available.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson