Author Topic: L.H. percussion patent breech  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Hungry Horse

L.H. percussion patent breech
« on: December 07, 2013, 09:39:27 PM »
 I'm looking for a L.H. percussion patent breech ( not hooked) for an 1-1/8" barrel. Does anybody have a source?

Hungry Horse

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: L.H. percussion patent breech
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »
I'm looking for a L.H. percussion patent breech ( not hooked) for an 1-1/8" barrel. Does anybody have a source?

Hungry Horse
I made this for a Ohio style target rifle in .45 cal out of 1018 CR steel - maybe this will help you

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

galamb

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
Have you tried Peter Allen.

I have one of his (solid) drum style patent breeches. Don't know all what he offers but can maybe help you out...

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »
I think MOST if not all the cast breeches in TOW's catalog are from Pete Allen.

Bob Roller

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 11:46:37 PM »
I made a solid patent breech from a hooked breech by silver soldering the tang to the plug.  It was for a target rifle and the owner wanted the plug/tang stiff and solid so as not to shift on recoil.

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »
 All the breechplugs I've seen so far are Hawken style hooked breech, with long tangs. I was in hopes of finding something with a shorter tang, and no hook. I realize I could solder, or braze, a hooked plug to make it solid, but thats a lot like buying a hardtop, and cutting the top off, because you really wanted a ragtop. This gun will use an antique back action lock that has a very strong spring, so I am very reluctant to use a drum and nipple on it.

Hungry Horse