Author Topic: Can anyone help me get some pictures of a rifle I'm trying to identify on here?  (Read 4287 times)

Bunganucme

I'm new to this site and can anyone tell me how to post pictures? There is no attachment icon?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
I'm new to this site and can anyone tell me how to post pictures? There is no attachment icon?
We do not have the disk space to store photos and also do not want to risk viruses etc from uploaded photos so all photos need to reside on other websites such as photobucket or even you own website. Once a photo is on a website there should be a direct URL to the photo i.e. http://www.americanlongrifles.org/1-images-main/logo-header-sm.jpg which can be put in a post allowing members to click on the URL and see the photo. If you want the photo to automatically display all you need to do is put [*img]http://www.americanlongrifles.org/1-images-main/logo-header-sm.jpg[/img] behind the url and the photo will display like this:

* the * should not be left off, its there to keep the "img" command from disappearing from the screen.
Dennis
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:42:17 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Email them to the address inmy profile and I will post them for you
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Bunganucme

Thank you for the directions to areas of the site I wasn't aware of, and thank you Shrekmeister for offering to post them if I send by email. I've accomplished that. Looking forward to hearing what you all think of the rifle. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 11:23:03 PM by Bunganucme »

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
62" Overall, 46" barrel of 40 caliber

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:02:48 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
It's a New England style 1830's 1840's maybe but I'm wrestling with whether it's original or a more contemporary piece. Would need better pics to tell for sure.

Mitch

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
It's a New England style 1830's 1840's maybe but I'm wrestling with whether it's original or a more contemporary piece. Would need better pics to tell for sure.

Mitch

Looks original to me. I have noticed that antique New England guns seem to be in excellent shape more than antique rifles from other parts of our nation. They either did not shoot as much or took better care of their stuff.