Author Topic: BICENTENNIAL JAEGER 1776-1976  (Read 10359 times)

Offline ScottNE

Re: BICENTENNIAL JAEGER 1776-1976
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2024, 07:15:34 AM »
Now the reply button has appeared!!! Thank you Robby thats very kind. I sent you a PM as well there has been a massive effort for years to keep me from finding this gun , in part I'm sure due to what I wrote you about .Not listing the real owner name , making up a bogus story, bluring  out and cutting off one of the makers names ,in the photos when all the others are cryatal clear  all goes to  this same type of actions to cover the real  history and story of the rifle

I ask out of genuine curiosity -- what would be the motivation for a years-long, massive effort to prevent you from locating the gun, and by whom? As you stated that you sold it, and thereby obviously relinquished any and all rights to the gun, why would anyone care if you found it or not, since the worst thing that could happen would be you making an offer to purchase it?

I've kept my eyes open for a couple different guns for a few years and haven't seen them, simply because the current owners aren't showing them off publicly and aren't listing them for sale (or they are, but through channels I don't see). No conspiracy, just the nature of these things, sometimes certain guns "go dark" so to speak.

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2024, 01:22:30 PM »
Interesting story, you may or should come to the realization as well, this gun may never surface. If it does, the owner may not want to sell it. If he does you may want to start saving what you can in money and or trade. To be flat out honest, you already posted you are on SS and poor. To me that sounded as though you expect the owner to just give it back to you, tugging on ones heart strings won't do it, remember lifes a buisness. Life, at least in the buisness world as well as doing gun transactions has unfortunately hardened me up. Your story is sad,  I've parted with guns myself, guns that ment lots to me too, all be it not your situation, thank God.Kick myself in the butt for parting with them. Bottom line, the guy still expected the gun,guns for the little cash he threw my way. I bailed a guys buisness out,he owed his supplier lots, his only recourse was to borrow money from me. He gave me a lot of guns for collateral, some nice high end stuff too. Long time has passed, he wants them back to share with his now older son, wanted to give me what he borrowed, LMAO, you now owe me double, did I say a long time, interest dude. But, but my son, blank you, pay me! He has it, see where I'm going with things...

Offline Will Sanders

• Starting Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2024, 07:25:54 PM »
I posted here because it surfaced . I  may have things an owner may like to trade for as well , There are  still some nice people left in the world. They might be one of them.  later  in life what I came  really realize is NOT everything  is about greed and money. IF ANYONE ACTUALLY HAS USEFUL INFORMATION TO HELP  PLEASE PM ME, THANK YOU .