Author Topic: Garth's Auctions  (Read 2080 times)

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
Garth's Auctions
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:45:10 AM »
While driving by the website of Garth's Auctions in Ohio, I noted that they will have a fairly large group of Ohio made rifles in their coming auction, next month. A few appeared to be pretty nice, but most were relatively plain half stocks. There are two Ohio River 'Sells' rifles, however. One is B. Sells and the other is a Michael Sells, if memory serves. All of the lots are worth looking at, if not to own. There are other items to see as well, including an 1811, nicely engraved, powder horn. I think that Garth's handled Tom Pike's collection a long time ago. Jim K. might recall. That is one auction I would like to have attended with a bag full of money. Anyone have a time machine available?
Dick

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Garth's Auctions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:39:20 AM »
I was at Tom Pike's auction at Garths, even got a couple of items. If you knew Tom at all, that was one auction where you better kknow what you were looking at. Tom was quite the tinkerer and many an item was not quite as it started life. There were also a number of good items available, you just had to know one from the other.
Mark
Mark