Author Topic: Pietro Martinoni 1771 Pocket Pistol  (Read 3377 times)

BrushCountryAg03

Pietro Martinoni 1771 Pocket Pistol
« on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »

http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com/europeanpistolsets/martinoniframe.html

Howdy everyone,

I just started working on my first Martinoni pistol that I plan to "Americanize" (starting with a maple stock) and was wondering of anyone has ever built this kit from Muzzleloader Builders Supply or has built a similar small "pocket pistol"?  I assume it's no different than building any other pistol from the late 1700's except for it having so little wood & metal to work with.

Many Thanks,

Will

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
Re: Pietro Martinoni 1771 Pocket Pistol
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »
Will, I have not built one but it sure looks like a cool project!  I may have to try my hand at one of those.

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

BrushCountryAg03

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 01:02:02 AM »
I really like it...Going from the much larger rifles and pistols down to something so small is a much needed change in pace for me.

Check out these pics of an original Martinoni:

Offline gunmaker

• the old dog gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:20:17 AM »
not made one a those, but have turned out a bunch of small pistols over the years, guys carry 'em in grouse country--just for camp meat.   They are the pit's to hold in vice--once the wood starts to get shaped.  fun gun's to make....Tom

andy49

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 01:04:18 AM »
I hope you keep posting your progress on this build. Looks like a challenge.