Author Topic: M/G Locks  (Read 11619 times)

Offline Majorjoel

Re: M/G Locks
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 04:20:31 PM »
Well, I am just reading this thread and would like to know more about M&G Locks and Larry Zornes? Have never seen or heard of this lock maker. Is there a web site to see his products?
Joel Hall

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »
I am interested, too. I have not seen a list of what he makes.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Keb

• south Ohio
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »
I don't believe Larry Zorn has a web site or even a computer. He is located down near the Ohio River in Portsmouth, Ohio. I've got his business card & ph# somewhere.

Offline Kermit

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
I got mine from R. E. Davis. Some of these locks are named as M&G locks.

http://www.redaviscompany.com/locks.html

Ed's right, Bob. Mea culpa--I'm the one who used the word "bashing." Poor choice, and certainly not intended to be applied to any one person. My apologies to any persons I may have offended.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline Majorjoel

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
Thank you Kermit for posting the site!
Joel Hall

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 08:44:49 PM »
I have used a few M&G and have found them on a par with the best over the counter locks available. Great selection too.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Online Stoner creek

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 10:57:33 PM »
You can give Larry a call. I am sure the phone directory can hook you up. He lives in Jackson, Ohio. I have his number but don't know how appropriate it would be to post it. His larger "Continental" lock really looks good inside and out. It will work on many of the earlier period guns we are doing now a day. I have one stocked up, just waiting for some warm/calm weather.
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 02:18:05 AM »
Joel, get out of the Green House Buddy. ;D  Larry Zorn has been around for years, just hiding a bit, as a manufacturer.  He had a table at the CLA last year, next to Davis, go figure.  What it gives us is more choices in style and size, and good quality.  Now that you don't have early planting to worry about, do you want to go to the Southern show at Museum of the Appalacia oat the end of March, and share the gas.  Have a place to stay.  I'm sure that our fearless leader Dennis will be sitting on the porch with the other Old @$#%'s
D :D ;D :D ;D

Bill
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:26:40 AM by Bill of the 45th »
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 02:28:16 AM »
Sorry, Dennis, No offense!

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Online Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 02:31:49 AM »
Now that you don't have early planting to worry about, do you want to go to the Southern show at Museum of the Appalacia oat the end of March, and share the gas.  Have a place to stay.  I'm sure that our fearless leader Dennis will be sitting on the porch
Yes I plan to be there and I hope you take a better photo of me and replace that one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson