Author Topic: Does such a lock exist???  (Read 3894 times)

LehighBrad

Does such a lock exist???
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:04 PM »
Hi guys....I'm currently in the middle of a pistol build that I'm doing as a matching side arm to go with the longrifle I built a few years ago. I'm a southpaw lefty and my rifle has a Chambers lock that has the brass lock plate....which I really liked. Now...the pistol I'm building is a right hander (which as far as pistols go, really doesn't matter to this lefty) and I'd like to put a small round faced Queen Anne pistol lock on it. BUT....I'd really like one that ALSO has a brass lock plate on it to match my rifle. Does such a lock exist??? Can one be ordered from Chambers??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BrushCountryAg03

Re: Does such a lock exist???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:35:54 PM »
Sir, I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for someone to hopefully confirm that such a lock or lock plate is possible...I've ALWAYS wanted one myself.

Of course, I don't see why you couldn't have a local machine shop mill out a piece
of hard naval bronze to the exact dimensions.  Man, I hope someone who knows will chime in!

South-Paw's unite!

Offline E.vonAschwege

• Global Moderator
    • von Aschwege Flintlocks
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:48:35 PM »
Last I knew, Chambers would special order the brass (bronze) lockplates for the Small Queen Anne pistol lock.  He may even have some in stock, shoot him an email. 
-Eric
Former Gunsmith, Colonial Williamsburg www.vonaschwegeflintlocks.com

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:22 AM »
Call Barbie, or Jim at Chambers and ask them, and then you will know for sure.  Then post here so we know.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline gunmaker

• the old dog gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:22 AM »
www.stanhollenbaughgunsmith.com has RH & LH locks with brass plates....Not cheap, but hand made quality...

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:54:23 AM »
I believe we have a brass Queen Anne lock in stock.  If not, we will be making more very soon.

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 03:55:29 AM »
Almost forgot, the price is the same as our regular steel ones, $145 plus $8 shipping.

LehighBrad

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 04:45:27 AM »
And there I have it! Thank you Mr. Chambers.....I'll be callin' ya soon.  :D