Author Topic: Kentucky Rifle Foundation Facebook Page  (Read 34093 times)

Offline Fullstock longrifle

Kentucky Rifle Foundation Facebook Page
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
The Kentucky Rifle Foundation has created a new page on Facebook. If you're on Facebook, please check us out and like our page. We will have our products shown there and our announcements about upcoming displays. We will also do our best to keep it informative and interesting. Thanks for your help.

Frank
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:31:59 PM by Fullstock longrifle »

Offline VP

Re: Kentucky Rifle Foundation Facebook Page
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »
You can go directly to our Facebook site using www.facebook.com/kentuckyriflefoundation.org or visit our website: www.kentuckyriflefoundation.org and there will be a link there to take you to our Facebook site. It will be a easy way to see what shows we will be attending, view some of the interesting rifles we come across, and eventually a place to link to other compatible sites. We would welcome your input on making it more useful.

Van

Offline HIB

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
I am not familiar with facebook. Exactly what does the Kentucky Rifle Foundation wish to achieve?

Will the questions and answers all be posted on this site or only ones pertaining to the 'Kentucky Rifle' and/or the Kentucky Rifle Foundation?

Does the KRF have a system in place to monitor the traffic and if so will the Foundation be willing to share the numbers with similar groups ie: CLA & ALR ?

Regards,  HIB

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »
Henry, Facebook is simply a social media site that has become very popular over the last few years.  As you know, our goal is to educate the public about the history and art of the Kentucky rifle.  Facebook is just another tool to accomplish that goal.

Just as an FYI, we started the site a few days ago and already have over 100 people who have looked at the site and liked it, and most of the likes are from non gun people, so its working in that respect.  If you're on Facebook, check us out, the more likes we get, the more the page is promoted by Facebook.

Frank
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:10:29 PM by Fullstock longrifle »

Offline albert

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:05 PM »
Have tried to get to it, but says unavailable.
j albert miles

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
I just checked Albert and it's still there.  Be sure to type in "The Kentucky Rifle Foundation" in the search box on Facebook and it should come up. Thank you for your support.
Frank

Offline spgordon

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
The page is there on Facebook ... but the links above do not take you to it.
Check out: The Lost Village of Christian's Spring
https://christiansbrunn.web.lehigh.edu/
And: The Earliest Moravian Work in the Mid-Atlantic: A Guide
https://www.moravianhistory.org/product-page/moravian-activity-in-the-mid-atlantic-guidebook

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:15 AM »
Remove the ".org" and it should work.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline Mark Tyler

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 04:13:27 AM »
Is the KRF aware that Facebook's Terms of Service gives it ownership of ALL content posted.   After they did that,   I deleted every bit of content and deactivated my account.   The ASMP,  an organization of professional photographers that make their living from selling licenses to their copyrighted work has been trying to establish some dialogue  with Facebook to get their Terms of Service modified.   So far,  Facebook has completely ignored them. 

I know that the KRF insists of taking ownership of the copyright to all the photographs they use.   By posting them on Facebook,  they are giving away that copyright.    A lot of users don't really understand that, as most people never read the Terms of Service and Facebook does not publicize the Terms of Service or changes that it makes.  If it were not for the ASMP monitoring such things for their members,  I wouldn't have known.   

Personally,  I don't want someone taking my work and using it in ANY way they like without my explicit permission.   This is what Facebook wants to do.  They want to sell YOUR content to make money for THEM.

The KRF might want to look into this matter more seriously.   

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 12:19:57 AM »
Thank you for your input Mark, no we weren't aware of that issue with the pictures.  Fortunately we've only placed a couple of photographs up so far, so not much damage has been done.  With that said, the site is just one week old, and we already have nearly 180 likes, with many of the likes being from the general public and non collectors.

Our goal is to get our message out to as many non gun type people as possible, and Facebook gives us that opportunity.  I will discuss the picture issue with the Foundation's president and see how we should proceed, but for now, we're happy with how many people are viewing our message and the numbers we've achieved so far.

Frank

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 12:55:52 AM »
Frank,

There are certainly valid business and other reasons to be on Facebook.    I just didn't want you putting a lot of content (good quality content)  out there without knowing that Facebook considers it their property.     If you are successful with your efforts,  I may have to reconsider my absence from Facebook.   However,  I will be very judicious about the content I post. 

Mark

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »
BTTT

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 04:44:24 AM »
BTTT

Offline HIB

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »
Frank,  Exactly what type questions are being asked by the public on the Kentucky Rifle Foundation Facebook page.

It would be interesting, for all of us, to know what is going on in the minds of those individuals seeking information about our collecting and contemporary building hobby.

Is the antique and black powder gun community getting kicked around or are you finding an genuine interest and respect for the old guns and those who are continuing the tradition?   HIB

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 05:48:46 AM »
Facebook is a funny place Henry, I would say that (much like here) most people on it are lurkers. They look but don't say too much. What we've been trying to do is post information about the rifles and things related to the hobby.

So far we have over 180 "likes" (or members) and I can see that most of the things that have been posted so far have been looked at several times by our members and others. We haven't received any negitive comments to date, but we have received several positive remarks, with at least one person posting pictures of rifles in his collection. At this point, probably half of our members are gun people and the others are not. That means that we are getting through to many who don't know a thing about the longrifle. All good stuff.

Frank

Offline VP

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 04:40:56 AM »
HIB

The Kentucky Rifle Foundation's Facebook page, www.facebook.com/kentuckyriflefoundation, is something to bring in a new audience as Fullstock Longrifle mentioned. As an example, a unique, one of kind, picture was posted today to show something that normally wouldn't be seen by those who don't have access to some of the show and events that feature longrifles. A picture of an J. H. Young rifle with it's own wooden gun case with all the cleaning and loading accessories is shown. The Foundation's will present pictures of rifle, events and people involved in collecting along with our products we have for sale. It is definitely worth a visit.

Van

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »
We now have almost 200 likes, check us out if you haven't already done so, and please recommend us to those on your friends list.
Frank

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 03:02:46 AM »
BTTT

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 08:05:44 PM »
249 members so far. If you're on Facebook and haven't checked us out, please do so. Thanks to all that have already.
Frank

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 04:41:19 AM »
Approaching 300 likes, if you're on Facebook, and you haven't done so already, check us out.
Frank

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »
BTTT

Offline VP

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »
Recently posted on the Kentucky Rifle Foundation Facebook page is a few pictures of our display that opened today at the NRA's National Firearms Museum. Please log on to view the great rifles that will be at the museum for a year. We have also put on the KRF webpage the Powerpoint display that will be playing at the NFM along side our display. It is worth watching.

VP

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:49 AM »
303 likes now!

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 03:15:50 AM »
309 and counting, please check us out.

Frank