Author Topic: Reedy rifle  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Jerry V Lape

Reedy rifle
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
Where might I get a scale drawing of a Reedy rifle? Want to build one from a blank and expect a scale drawing will help me greatly.

Offline Bart

Re: Reedy rifle
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:47:54 AM »
Let me check in my shop, I think I may have one. No guarantee though.

Bart

LehighBrad

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 02:04:29 AM »
I was at the dedication ceremony of the Leonard Reedy historical marker placed in from of his homestead in Gratz, Pennsylvania a few years ago. Really interesting affair. Had to go, seeing how I'm into building longrifles and Gratz is only 10 minutes from my home.  ;D

jamesthomas

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 05:04:08 AM »
Where might I get a scale drawing of a Reedy rifle? Want to build one from a blank and expect a scale drawing will help me greatly.

Dave Keck at Knob Mountain might have one, He does have a Figthorn, Reedy profile stock you can get. I plan on getting one for a Rice "C" weight .50 Ready profile barrel I bought recently.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 06:46:03 AM »
Brad,

I drove up to Gratz for that dedication.  As I recall it rained pretty hard that day.
Kunk

LehighBrad

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »
Yes Karl....it did indeed!! Had on my new elk hide mocs....first time they got soaked good!!! I was asked to attend in period attire by a co-workers father, who was there filming the event for the Gratz historical society. Even managed to get myself put on a CD that was made commemorating the whole affair. Not to hijack this thread but, I don't recall if there were blueprints of Reedy's rifles available there or not.

Offline Eric Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »
Reedy is one of my favorite rifles. I too would love to have a scaled drawing.
Eric Smith

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 06:56:23 PM »
I thought that Curtis posted some information on this forum several months ago that Jack Brooks was going to or had available a Reedy rifle print.  I can't remember which prints were complete and which prints Jack was still working on.  Maybe somebody can update us.
David

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:01 AM »
Brad,

I recall some locally owned originals came out for display that day, but I don't remember anything for sale but food.
Kunk

tricorn hat

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 08:35:15 AM »
Talk to Bob Reader, he built a beautiful Reedy.

Offline Jerry V Lape

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
Tricorn,  I cannot find Bob Reader on the members list, perhaps he goes by a different handle.  Appreciate your suggestion and if you know how to contact him that would help too.

greybeard

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 08:40:30 PM »
That would be me!!!    bob

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 09:14:05 PM »
David,

I went through my old emails from Jack pertaining to his gun drawings and I don't believe he made one available of a Reedy rifle.  If i find out otherwise I will post the info.

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing