Author Topic: ALR Museum Gunsmith: Henry Huffman is now on display in the Museum  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
See the Museum forum below. Post comments here, please.

Sam Everly

Re: ALR Museum Gunsmith: Henry Huffman is now on display in the Museum
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »
I have seen a couple of Huffmans rifles, it could be one. I live about 3 miles from Catawaba county , I know several Huffman family members. None of them have any rifles coming down thru the family . None of the family even knew of Henry making rifles. The young man that drove in the Craftsman Truck series , Robert Huffman is a Great Grandson  (How far down the line i don't know? ) I am helping a close friend to gather as much info on Henry and set up a display at there next family Reunion.       

Sam Everly

Re: ALR Museum Gunsmith: Henry Huffman is now on display in the Museum
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »
I went back and looked at some of my stuff i have on the Huffmans . Looking again at these pictures that guard is a later one . If you look at Henrys ( there are 2 Henrys,H.W and H.H ) H.H being the son . The rifles of H.W all follow a very close line , looking alike. This rifle could be from H.H. Huffman . I myself think this rifles workmanship is not as good as the rifles of H.W. Huffman . All of the elder Huffmans rifles i have seen are signed.