Author Topic: High Uintah Mountain Man Club's Easter Shoot  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Herb

High Uintah Mountain Man Club's Easter Shoot
« on: April 27, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »
Some of the members had a camp out and shoot in the desert on Saturday.  Some low-life stole the directional signs on the road or we'd have had at least Carl and Carole join us.  Greg and Terry getting ready to shoot, Randy scoring.

Terry shooting, Bob getting ready.  Both left-handed.  Bob sewed his shirt the day before.

This little girl, who I think is Randy's granddaughter, was first at the prize table.  Her father shot the same rifle. The paper target is an outline of a bunny with a bullseye just on top of his head.  Minus 10 points if you hit an ear and minus 50 if you hit him in the head.  I clipped his left ear three times, light was from the right.

My friend Bob from Golden, CO.  He beat me with a left handed .54 Hawken I built for him in 1996.  I sawed the stock out of a plank of West Virginia walnut with a handsaw.  Green River 32" barrel.  Come to think of it, I sawed that Bridger Hawken stock out with a handsaw, too.   I think everybody beat me....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:02:07 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline smylee grouch

Re: High Uintah Mountain Man Club's Easter Shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »
Looks like you had a nice day for it. Always enjoy your posts on your get togethers Herb.

Offline alyce-james

Re: High Uintah Mountain Man Club's Easter Shoot
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:07:24 PM »
Herb; I to enjoy your postings and pictures. Great looking and fun day. AJ.
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.