Author Topic: Price of Caps  (Read 24614 times)

Bible Totin Gun Slinger

Re: Price of Caps
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »
  I got mine a Wally World $5.00 per tin of 100 Winchester Magnum (CCI)  after the hunting season is over and they are changing over to summer they put then in the "back room" ask and they are usually marked down to get them gone!!!!!Check the Marked Down Isle, their sealed so leave them sealed and buy all they have!!!!

Are you saying Wally World has caps?

Offline Standing Bear

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2014, 05:30:19 PM »
Some do. Depends on the area. Most metro WWs won't but if u r in an area where they are used yes

Example Austin Tx no but Fredericksburg and Brady Tx might as the have lots more hunting and shooting stuff.
Nothing is hard if you have the right equipment and know how to use it.  OR have friends who have both.

http://texasyouthhunting.com/

Offline J Henry

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
Yep! WW has them in my area,,and every year at the close of hunting season, they put them in the clearance Isle and I swoop on them.....When their all gone I ask if there are any more in the store room...

borderdogs

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
I like both flint and percussion. But back in the day, if I were going in the back country for a trapping season or to live with few chances to get to town flint would be my choice. I can understand why percussion was resisted but once you switched you were stuck, "they" had you! Shooting a bpcr compared to shooting a percussion they are virtually the same for speed. There is a delay in a flint but any rifle you use a lot you get use to and retain muscle memory.

But again, I like them both and so I am willing to deal with the supply issue. Besides if I run out of caps I can shoot the flint!
Rob

jamesthomas

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2014, 01:50:52 AM »
 I went to my local gun store this morning and they had just received 2 cases of 5000ct  CCI caps, first ones in about 3 months the lady said, but at $8.99 a 100ct. I'm glad all I shoot is flintlock, its much easier to order a dozen or 2 flints and you don't have to pay a Haz-Mat fee!.

Offline gumboman

• Gumbocooking
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 06:21:22 AM »
I paid $62.00 for 1000 caps recently and was happy to get them. Bought them from a sutler at a local shoot. Mail order prices are higher, then add the haz mat charge plus shipping and now you are around $100.00 per thousand. If you are lucky enough to find them.

Offline ohidan

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
Just returned from a Black Bear hunt this past Sunday in Maine, while on our way we stopped at Kittery Trading post in Maine and I paid $6.75 for a tin of 100,sure beats $9.99 here in Ohio.
ohidan

jamesthomas

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »
 I was at my Bass Pro today picking up some 4ffff and they had a bunch of no. 11's and about 5 tins of no. 10's on the shelf . They were $7.99 a tin. But with a 30 mile trip one way they are still to expensive. Btw, the pound of 4fff Goex was $28.84  >:(.

Offline Kermit

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2014, 12:14:52 AM »
So, at those rates, about 8 cents per shot for a capgun, and about 1 1/4 cents per 3 grain prime for the flintlock. It goes up, of course, depending on how many shots you get from a rock.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline John SMOthermon

• John SMOthermon
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2014, 02:35:33 AM »
Sportsman Warehouse in Chattanooga TN Had a few tins of #10's &11's  last week for $5.99 per tin.
Smo

Good Luck & Good Shootin'