Author Topic: Kentucky Rifle Foundation Display at the National Firearms Museum *Photos Added*  (Read 10696 times)

Offline Fullstock longrifle

The Kentucky Rifle Foundation is proud to announce the official opening our display titled, "The Kentucky Rifle a Complete Narrative" 1760-1860, at the NRA National Firearms Museum, 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Va 22030.  The display will run from May 15, 2014 to May 15, 2015.  If you're in the Washington D.C. area during this period, please stop by and see the museum and the exhibit, it's free, and we're sure you will enjoy it.

Frank
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:20:10 AM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline JTR

• member 2
Re: Kentucky Rifle Foundation Display at the National Firearms Museum
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:39:26 PM »
You gonna be there to answer all our questions?

John  ;)
John Robbins

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 11:44:25 PM »
I'm about an hour and a half away John, but it you give me advanced notice, I'll drive up just for you!  ;)  Actually they will have a Kiosk dedicated to our display that should answer most questions.  Hope you come back East to see it.

Frank
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:45:52 PM by Fullstock longrifle »

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:16:56 AM »
Actually Gadler and I just got back from booking our flights east to DC! We plan on seeing the display, then Reading, then will see you at the KRA!
John
John Robbins

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 02:22:55 AM »
That's great, look forward to seeing you two again!
Frank

Offline VP

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 07:54:10 PM »
If you would like to see some photos of the KRF display at the National Firearms Museum please log onto the Facebook page. We have also just posted the powerpoint that will be playing at the museum alongside our display on our webpage.

www.facebook.com/kentuckyriflefoundation

www.kentuckyriflefoundation.org

Offline HIB

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »
Gentlemen, Here are several photos of the Kentucky Rifle Foundation display at the National Firearms Museum at NRA headquarters.  Regards,  HIB

mjm46@bellsouth.net

Beautiful Display Henry.

RIAuction

HIB, thanks for sharing.  That's a stunning display!

Offline acorn20

Took in the KRA display at the NRA Museum & Headquarters today.  Very nice display indeed.  As a matter of fact, I found all the NRA exhibits nicely done.  Anyone planning to be in the Washington, D.C. area should plan to see this exhibit before it's over on May 15th.  Free admission.  Open daily 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dan Akers

Thank you for the endorsement Acorn20, I'm glad you liked it.  Because of it's popularity, we're considering extending the display for another six months, if you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the visit.

Frank

Offline HIB

Gentlemen and ladies.  The Kentucky Rifle Foundation display at the NRA National Firearms Museum has been extended until the end of the year at the request of the Museum. If you haven't seen it yet you still have time to visit. Regards, HIB

greywolf

Consider having a book published with nice pictures and descriptions to sell as a fundraiser.

Think how hard it is to find a copy of Merrill Lindsay's "The Kentucky Rifle". I prize my copy a great deal.

How many of you have had a chance to visit the display? If you have, please give us some feedback, thanks.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
I drove up to see the display a couple of months ago. Two of my friends went with me. All of us were very pleased with the display.

Neither of my two friends had seen nice antique muzzleoading rifles and both were very impressed with the appearance and workmanship of these early American rifles.
Dennis

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline debnal

During my last trip out east I visited the museum. The Rifle display was excellent. They were prominently displayed in a place of honor. Made me drool! Kudos to all the members who lent their rifles for that display.
But I must say I was disappointed in the overall collection. The colonial gun section was fair at best with very few examples of the guns that actually started this country. They has more Gatling guns than Rev War American made guns. As I was leaving, one of the gentlemen there asked me how I liked it. So, I told him and I mentioned that I had a better collection of Rev War guns in my truck, in the parking lot, than they had on display.  He and one of the other executives came out to my truck and we had a little gun show right there in the parking lot. That was fun. They even asked me to donate some of them to the museum. Not a chance!
Al