Author Topic: Lewisburgh  (Read 12835 times)

George F.

Lewisburgh
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:52:03 AM »
Well it begins tommarro, can't wait! I'm surprised not here other chatter about "THE EVENT". I guess I'll see some of yous tommarro...Geo.

billd

Re: Lewisburgh
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:12 AM »
I'll be there Friday, I missed last year.  Almost my backyard.

Bill

Offline AMartin

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
You would not believe the show !!!!!! Lots a stuff ..... I helped set-up yesterday and it's going to be even better today !!!

Allen

J Shingler

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 01:00:17 AM »
You would not believe the show !!!!!! Lots a stuff ..... I helped set-up yesterday and it's going to be even better today !!!

Allen

Hey Allen, ....  No I won't say it.  :-[
Man I want to be there. Can not make this show and Dixins in the same year. Just so many 1000 mile trips a guy can make in a year.  LOL

All you guys have fun, think of us poor ol folks stuck at home in the shop.
Jeff

Offline Larry Luck

• Administrator
  • Larry Luck
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:18:58 AM »
Have fun, guys.  Wish I could join you.
Larry Luck

Jim Thomas

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 01:32:37 AM »
I just got back.    If you can make the show on Saturday do it!     Table after table of originals.   Everything imaginable in between.    This is one classy event.          

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 03:19:20 AM »
I can't go to both Dixons and Lewisburg either. I hope someone will take a bunch of photos for us.  If pics are taken, I will develop a web page and post them all similar to CLA show in Lexington.
Regards,
Pletch
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:32:49 AM by Larry Pletcher »
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 06:28:57 AM »
I have been burning through the batteries on my digital camera.  I helped set up Thursday and was there all day today.  Great stuff to see and a great turn out today.  We are expecting a bigger crowd tomorrow. I will post some photos early next week after I recover.  This show is not as big as the CLA Show yet, but it is has the same flavor. Stay tuned for some photos.

Offline 490roundball

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 05:35:13 AM »
Back home - great show and many thanks to those who worked so hard for our entertainment and education.  Even my wife finds displays to enjoy.

Nice to get chance to say hello to those I know and I did get to meet a few other board members.

As always these event I talked and drooled more than photographed.  Also managed to Drop off of couple future projects with Fred Miller

But I did get a few pics

Part of Allen Martin's display - and I wish I had gotten one of him holding the baby's barrel :)

a youth sized rifle

a couple Fordneys

A Hawk and a Schoyer (top)

a couple Albrights

and on the way out of town, a quick pass trough the Roller Mill antique co-op turned up a nice old tool box with a paneled top, sliding trays and an drawer.  This will find a new life in the shop.

so a well spent day -  and oh yeah - great weather - same again next year please
"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

J Shingler

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »
Great post thanks for the pictures. Looks like a heck of a show. From listening to John Getz I knew it would be, just could not make it this year. Anyone got any more pics?

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »
There's a couple of pics on the Contemporary blog site.  Wish I could have attended.  Looks like a great assortment of eye candy. 
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline rallen

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
$10 for two days was money well spent. It was good to see some guys who aren't usually at Dixon's like Jack Brooks and Larry Gardner.  Thanks to all the board members who helped set up and arrange the show and who displayed their talent.
The real treat were all the members here and of the KRA who were kind enough to display the craftsmanship of the old masters. It was nice to see a Shroyer up close. The engraving skill of Smith and Morrison was impressive. There were also some museum quality German and Austrian jeagers that were outstanding.
Ryan

Offline Glenn Hurley Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »
I planned on going, cancelled time off and was ready to head down the road.  Then I got word of a death in the immediate family, so had to readjust my schedule.  NEXT YEAR! ( Providing no unexpected surprises).

Thanks all the photos you have posted.

Glenn

Offline acorn20

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »
What a nice, organized show!  Hats off to those who planned this year's event.  It was a nice break from cabin fever.  The fellows that traveled with me enjoyed looking at everyone's handywork and putting a face to ALR members that we've met on this site. 

Dan Akers - acorn20; Shawn Mowen - Tuscarora; and Don Timmons
Dan Akers

Buffler Razz

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 10:14:45 PM »
It was my first time at such an event and both my wife and I really enjoyed it. I was able to speak with so many people and was given so many helpful hints. Just looking at the originals and the contemporary builds was amazing. The 4 hour ride home was a downer, knowing that I have to wait a whole year for the next one. THANKS to all involved in setting this up and for taking the time to display your treasures!
Razz

Bob Mac

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
Had a great time at the show. So much to see. I was at last years show and thought it was great, this years was even bigger and better. Talked to some great people and saw some fantastic craftsmanship. I got to handle and drool over the Shroyer that is in the ALR museum. Thanks for that. After talking to John Getz, I truly appreciate the enthusiasm he has for this event. He and all others involved did a great job. If John has his way, the Country Cupboard may have to expand.
Thanks all.
Bob

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:34:32 PM »
A great new tradition. The perfect mid-winter cabin fever cure.  Enjoyed meeting many from the ALR.  Got to see Don's infamous barn gun and his great grandpa's bag.  Acer had the jeager on display too.
Kunk

Offline Eric Fleisher

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 07:14:39 AM »
This year's show was a great success. I was there from Thursday night set up until the last tables were loaded on the truck.  There was a good crowd and a diverse group of fantastic artisans showing their work. There was a room full of good original guns to see also. Thank you to all the artisans and collectors for attending.

A special thanks to John Getz, Art DeCamp, Allen Martin, Mark Wheland and Don Getz for organizing and hosting a fantastic show.

Hard to believe it is over and I am already looking forward to next year.

P.S. I will post more photos tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:15:41 AM by Eric Fleisher »

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 08:06:38 AM »
The antique part, though it has a bit of everything, has a huge concentration of Upper Susquehanna School rifles. And that, of course, is right where the show is.

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
      I certainly had a great time at the show, and would really like to thank John, Allen,Mark, Art and all the others that helped to make this show really great.   As one of the vendors I was so busy that it was hard to get away from the table.   Don Getz was behind me and Allen Martin right over my right shoulder, and I could see that they constantly had a group of people visiting, asking questions and admiring their work.   The weather gave us great travel conditions;  a great break in the middle of winter.  Again a big thanks to all those that helped organize, and a big thank you to Eric and Roger Fleisher and friend who helped Pat and I get a good start home after the show.   
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »
I had a great time and met some really nice people!!!!The show is a perfect solution for cabin fever.A great selection of artists and a great location.The show had someting for everyone.I'm looking forward to next year.If anybody missed it make sure to mark your calenders for next year.

Mitch Yates

Offline Eric Fleisher

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 09:33:49 PM »
From left to right Mark Wheland, Matt Harshbarger, Tom Curran & Chris Altland

John Proud's Table

LuckyRA's Table (Rob Luckenbill)

Frank Willis

Dave Dodds in the hat.

Joe Seabolt's Table

Erin and Eric Kettenburg

Art DeCamp's Table

Donna Spangler

Original Joseph Long Rifles

Selinda Kennedy's Display

Andy Knez

Allen Martin and Roland Cadle

Art DeCamp

Don and Gail Getz

John Getz, Art DeCamp and Mark Wheland

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:23:02 AM by Eric Fleisher »

Offline AMartin

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
Wow ....... I'm finally getting back into my normal routine ...... this show knocked me out !! Art DeCamp sent the tallies of stuff and over 1380 people paid to see the show ...... !!! Almost double of last year !!!

I was really nice seeing & yapping at everybody ..... I hope we can improve our show for next year !!!
I'm also open for comments of how we as a committee can improve the quality of the show .

I also have pictures of the show that my son took ..... I'll try to post em here !!!

Allen

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »
My Neighbor Pam Dalton, did this paper cutting:

The photographer, Jesse Curran, aka Acer sapling, can be seen in this photo, a clever self-portrait.

A pair of really nice 'buss barrels by John Getz

A star of the show, A Martin's work

A Martin Carving. Doesn't get any better.

Eric Kettenburg's marvelous work. Eric's work is just superlative.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:03:10 PM by Acer Saccharum »
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

smd189

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 07:29:45 PM »
Great show.  I've been to a lot of antique shows, but nothing like this one.  Thanks.