Author Topic: Marc Tornichio on CLF Auction website  (Read 4131 times)

Offline heinz

Marc Tornichio on CLF Auction website
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »
Marc Tornichio's early southern style iron mounted rifle is was just posted on the Contemporary Longrifle Foundation 2014 website.  Marc built a really great looking early rifle.  this shows classic early styling
http://www.contemporarylongriflefoundation.org/cgi-bin/2014news.cgi?mode=headlines
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:23:11 PM by heinz »
kind regards, heinz

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Marc Tornichio on CLF Auction website
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:03:38 AM »
From the time Marc started building rifles until now they have been without a doubt some of the finest available. He's an artist and a gentleman and deserve a lot more credit than he has received up til now.
Mark
Mark

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:07:02 AM »
Heinz,
I just added Marc to Blackpowdermag.com.  The only item I don't have posted is Mike Miller's pistol.  I hope those photos will be available soon.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline heinz

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:06:39 AM »
Marc's rifle is now posted on Art and Jan riser's web site.  This is a really great early southern gun and Marc's iron work really stands out.  Pretty nice hunk of sugar wood with an Ed Rayl custom barrel
kind regards, heinz

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 04:02:31 PM »
That's certainly a fine rifle.  Thanks to Marc for all his hard work and generosity.

Jim

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »
I am pretty excited about seeing this rifle especially after just getting back from a week down in the North Carolina mountains and a day rafting over on the Nolichucky near Erwin TN.   Great historic longrifle country down there.

Marc has done an outstanding job of absorbing and interpreting features from a group of relatively early iron mounted rifles that are stylistically related inlcuding the well-known "GB" rifle and a great iron mounted piece that was shown in AT last year in the War of 1812 article.  The triggers really are a fantastic touch.  I like that he did not copy one exact rifle but produced a piece that looks like it might have come from the same shop.  Just wonderful lines and iron work too.

Guy

Offline bgf

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »
I saw Marc and his rifle at CLA, and he did GB and a couple of others proud with that one.  He is hot on the tail of Jacob Young with those triggers!  I think Marc's metalwork in particular is superb, and I want to say it is right alongside the best I've seen anywhere, including many originals.