Author Topic: Paris and Son Barrel  (Read 3014 times)

Offline SR James

Paris and Son Barrel
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
I recently purchased a partly built rifle with a 42" swamped barrel, essentially a B weight.  The bottom flat is marked "Paris and Son, Gettysburg, PA."  I've searched this forum and the internet in general and have been unable to find any information on this maker.  The barrel is very well made.  The bore is extremely smooth and consistent.  Can anyone provide any information on this maker, such as when they were in operation?  Thanks!

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Paris and Son Barrel
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
I think Don Getz bought out Paris.

Offline Virginiarifleman

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:10:58 PM »
Getz and paris made barrels. Don Getz owns the company now. Don is  on the forum now and then.

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »
Bob Paris and his son started to make barrels in the late 60's, and sold all of the machines to my brother Dick and I in 1977.   At that time Paris barrels were the best
you could buy.  In 1970 I built my first gun with a straight Douglas barrel, it cost about
$35.   In 1973 I had a friend who wanted to get a Beck rifle bult, so he started calling
all the dealers who he thought might have something.   He found two Paris barrels out
in Ohio with E. Christopher & Son........cost was $90 apiece.  Pretty much for a barrel,
but I bit the bullet and got one, turned it into a Beck, not really too bad for my second
gun..........Don