Author Topic: Old Files  (Read 3256 times)

Offline WKevinD

Old Files
« on: September 29, 2014, 09:16:54 PM »
I just got of the phone with Boggs Tool Co. talking to Mr Boggs about file sharpening.
I ran into an old friend at Dixons and he mentioned them, did a forum search and saw references to them as well.
I am gathering my "dead" files (20+) and mailing them out today.
I decided to post this because it's the kind of information that gets lost in the archives yet is so helpful.
They sharpen most American pattern files for .20 per inch #49+#50 for a bit more but still pennies on the dollar for resurrecting my dead files.
I have no connection to them other than being a new customer.
www.boggstool.com 800-547-5244

Kevin
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Meteorman

Re: Old Files
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
I've used 'em in the past.
very happy with the result.
/mm

kaintuck

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
 ;) ;D
been using them........i buy any old fleamarket file/or rasp for a buck....then mail out to them....comes back like new ;D
investment~ $1-$2.50 per 12" file or rasps~~~!!!!!
marc n tomtom

Offline FDR

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:12:08 AM »
I also have used them recently and liked the result.  They also sharpen drills and milling cutters to "like new".

Offline Gaeckle

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:39:24 AM »
Hey, we may want to make this info a sticky so others can use this....good info.

2veeps

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »
Got back 15 U.S.A. Made files I picked up at various estate sales last year. Came back from Boggs like new. Have read that sharpened files don't stay sharp as long as new ones, but I can't tell the difference. Been using them extensively for last few months and they are still as sharp as when I got them back. Great way to go!

Veep