Author Topic: photo of Sutter lock  (Read 16560 times)

razzgirl027

Re: photo of Sutter lock
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 07:40:43 AM »
That is great... Charlotte (we call her Hoot) lives right next door.  Next time I venture over I will have to mention it to her.  See what she has to say about it.  Find out which 2 brothers it could have been.  I believe there were quite a few kids, somewhere close to 10... and i don't know exactly where she falls... I know for sure that the youngest one of his children is named Jackson.  He happens to be my boyfriends father.  I will let you know what I can find out.
                                                                 ~Amanda

Sutter

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:20:15 AM »
Ben Gorey, I can't thank you enough for the information about the Muzzle Blast magazine! Because of it I was able to do a E-Bay search & found a original copy for my dad for Christmas (son of W.G. Sutter)! He never knew my grandfather was in the magazine! My dad took the magazine to his sister's house (Charlotte) Christmas day (she was 18 & pictured in the magazine also)! Thanks to your information my dad had the best Christmas ever!  :)

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »
What issue of Muzzle Blasts was Mr.Sutter in?
I remember him and saw him at Friendship at several different times in the 1960's. He was at one time associated with Ted Cole from Wilkinsburg,Pa.who made some rough locks and was sort of an unsavory character. Cole died in 1962.
I met Charlotte Sutter also and I recall Mr. Sutter  saying she was an engraver and some of the work shown was good. I remember he also told me he made lock tumblers from torsion bars taken from wrecked Chryslers and 1955-'56 Packards.
When did he pass away? I was in the Army and lost track of a lot of people in those years.

Bob Roller 

Sutter

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 06:39:32 AM »
What issue of Muzzle Blasts was Mr.Sutter in?
I remember him and saw him at Friendship at several different times in the 1960's. He was at one time associated with Ted Cole from Wilkinsburg,Pa.who made some rough locks and was sort of an unsavory character. Cole died in 1962.
I met Charlotte Sutter also and I recall Mr. Sutter  saying she was an engraver and some of the work shown was good. I remember he also told me he made lock tumblers from torsion bars taken from wrecked Chryslers and 1955-'56 Packards.
When did he pass away? I was in the Army and lost track of a lot of people in those years.

Bob Roller 
Bob, It was November 1958, pg 9 Muzzle Blast. & I can't believe I found a copy on E-Bay for my dad for Christmas!!!! My grandfather passed away July 22, 1975

Sutter

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 06:53:12 AM »
Bob, Also around Thanksgiving 2011, a estate sale add in our local newspaper led me to a original flintlock & powder horn in very good condition made by my grandfather (W.G. Sutter)...this was also given to my dad for Christmas. He said "It was his best Christmas ever"...We brought it HOME where it belonged   :)                  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:06:05 PM by Sutter »

Offline jim meili

• Wisconsin Muzzle Loading Association
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »
Just pulled out a 1972 copy of the Dixie catalog and the W.G. Sutter lock kit sold for
$19.75.