Author Topic: Jim Kibler website  (Read 9429 times)

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
Jim Kibler website
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »
I finally have a website devoted to my work and flintlocks in general.  So, if you would like to check it out the address is

www.jimkibler.net

There is a link to an online store with some items included.  More items will be added soon as well. 

In addition, I intend to write a periodic blog on a consistent basis.  Perhaps I will pick a couple days a week where entries will be made.  I will let you know when this is started.

If you have any questions or comments I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
Re: Jim Kibler website
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:52:55 PM »
Nice start!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline PPatch

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »
A very nice website Jim, well done. Now I know where all your stuff is when I need to lift a few motifs and ideas... and look at some exceptional contemporary work.

dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »
Very nice Jim.

Great guns!
Great photography!

Nice to be able to view them all in one place.

Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell

Offline Maalsral

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:23:20 AM »
Very nice website, Jim.  It exhibits the same quality as your work.
Mark Thomas

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:57 AM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone.  My friend who put the site together did a great job.  It's nice to hear feedback from everyone.  Any comments or suggestions are certainly appreciated.  There will be some updates soon and I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks again!
Jim

kaintuck

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »
I dunno Jim.......don't see a workshop kat in any pictures......

;D
Marc n tomtom

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 05:55:01 PM »
No cat, but a slightly neurotic, deaf, three-legged mutt.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:03:04 PM by Jim Kibler »

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
  A dog like that is most useful. It can serve as a reminder to some that perfection can be an objective kind of thing. Also, the light color of her coat can serve as an indicator of when it's time to sweep the floor. These are positive things. Conversely, Hollywood often uses a dog like this one to represent shame or unfairness. Not a positive representation by any means, but often times people end up making a bunch of money as a result, and that's good.
 A dog like that is also very useful as a "filter" to sort out which people's kids should or should not be allowed into your house. Children of the hellion variety will usually either be disturbed by such a dog's condition and they will avoid it, or they will be encouraged by it's apparent weakness and will begin to mistreat it upon sight. Good, kind spirited children will also recognize the dog's condition, but will attempt to befriend the animal. As a bonus, your decision to not let some of your friends' kids into your home can now be blamed on the dog.
 This is a very useful, good dog. You should consider insuring it.         

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 08:28:02 PM »
My late and much missed friend Paul Hamilton had a three legged dog named Tripod.A neat little pup and we all liked him.Nobody was ever mean to him because that would have brought forth swift retribution from Paul or Spike Ettling or me.Nobody that is cruel to animals be they large or small is on my "S"list and is not welcome here.
That is a pretty little dog and we're glad she's in a good home.Like our rotten to the bone Dachshund,Gretl.

Bob Roller

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »
Jim, the site is very nice.

I have a question regarding your metal in the white.  Is the metal treated in any way other than polishing?

My uncle had a three legged beagle that would trail cottontails all day long.  As with people, a disability seems to build character.
Mike Lee

Stuartg

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 11:19:02 PM »
Excellent website! The quality of the photos is outstanding. This is very helpful for new builders (like myself) to see. Many thanks.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 01:27:21 AM »
That website is well worth whatever you paid someone to create it.  It is informative, and really showcases your work.  The size of the images that pop up allow folks to see the details.  Oh yes, I reckon you know how to do a bit of carving as well!   :-)   God Bless,   Marc

KevinL

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »
Very nice!

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
Jim, the site is very nice.

I have a question regarding your metal in the white.  Is the metal treated in any way other than polishing?

My uncle had a three legged beagle that would trail cottontails all day long.  As with people, a disability seems to build character.

Some of the guns have metal parts which were rusted a bit first, cleaned off and then treated with a solution called "Brass Darkening Solution" sold by Historic House Parts.  On steel it grays things up a bit.  It's sort of like a weak cold blue.  On some, I just used this solution alone and didn't rust first. 

My little dog does well.  She can run miles with me without any trouble.  They are nice to have around.  Most of the time anyways...

Thanks all for the kind words.  Any questions, just ask.

Jim

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 03:34:27 AM »
Real nice Jim. I look forward to you blog posts.

That dog looks great too.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 04:33:03 AM »
  A dog like that is most useful. It can serve as a reminder to some that perfection can be an objective kind of thing. Also, the light color of her coat can serve as an indicator of when it's time to sweep the floor. These are positive things. Conversely, Hollywood often uses a dog like this one to represent shame or unfairness. Not a positive representation by any means, but often times people end up making a bunch of money as a result, and that's good.
 A dog like that is also very useful as a "filter" to sort out which people's kids should or should not be allowed into your house. Children of the hellion variety will usually either be disturbed by such a dog's condition and they will avoid it, or they will be encouraged by it's apparent weakness and will begin to mistreat it upon sight. Good, kind spirited children will also recognize the dog's condition, but will attempt to befriend the animal. As a bonus, your decision to not let some of your friends' kids into your home can now be blamed on the dog.
 This is a very useful, good dog. You should consider insuring it.         

I am sorry, Couldn't resist... I know its irresponsible but Ian, what have you been sipping???   That is funny!  True....and funny!!  And now you have hijacked Jim's thread!!   ;D ;D
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 05:25:27 AM »
well-done with the site

and dog. 

I know a little of both. ;)
Hold to the Wind

kaintuck

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
Jim, with your work AND a workshop pup......you pass.

You officially have a good shop!

I wouldn't have as much desire to spend the amount of time in my shop if it weren't for my little friend....although sometimes he can cause mischief, I just had the long tang welded back onto the breach plug......it seems tomtom is to fat to be supported by a 8" tang........and he proved it while wasn't watching........

Ah well.........the world would be a darker place without these little fellows......

Marc n tomtom

Sawatis

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »
Nice looking site Jim...I'll be watching the blog with interest...what a gorgeous piece of wood!
John

Offline herath

• Starting Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 04:38:15 AM »
Really like the site.Jan Riser gave a heads up on it in the blog with a link.Love the pictures of the work . The site really is a great demonstration of your work ;keep it up.