Author Topic: Muzzle Radius Tool  (Read 13428 times)

black ed

Re: Muzzle Radius Tool
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »
Taylor
I'm 70 and hunt with men 15 to 45 years younger than me. The "heavy" lifting is done by the "young Lions" I'm blessed, I don't even ask for help. They are there before I need it. Last year in 9 days we took 8 elk out of 9 tags, 2  5pt, 1  4 pt and 5 cows. This year none. we didn't even draw a cow tag this year. Go hunt moose and get the young ones to help. Tell them its a learning experience.

BlackEd

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 07:23:37 AM »
Taylor
I'm 70 and hunt with men 15 to 45 years younger than me. The "heavy" lifting is done by the "young Lions" I'm blessed, I don't even ask for help. They are there before I need it... its a learning experience.

BlackEd

thassa the way is s'posed to be done.   ;)

(says mister solo who is devising a deer lift for his truck!)
Hold to the Wind

Offline Daryl

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »
The last time I hunted with Brad, I was 59, him 61. I shot a bull calf moose, and after gutting it and cutting it in half, we only had to load the 1/2's - bloody near put us both in the Hospital. Bad backs & knees on both of us.

I do not buy moose tags any more. The days of packing 165 pound quarters over our shoulders are long gone.  Putting 2 moose down, then Taylor and I spending 2 days to pack them out - not going to happen any more. 

One of these coming fall days I might go hunting again - maybe next year. I haven't hunting big game since Brad passed 4 years ago.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

kaintuck

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »
Yup.....I do ALL my hunting at the meat counter at Krogers.... ;D

And Mark, I too wish I could buy a simple tool to make concentric rings on the ends on my barrels, or borrow one from some one.....I would send it back with a box of wheel weight ingots!

Just asking........

.40, .50 and a .54 cal needs done......