Author Topic: Five More Days.  (Read 12977 times)

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: Five More Days.
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 02:05:05 AM »
I'm a crummy photographer.  Oh, the barrel is what Jason calls a "transition" barrel.  I did take it out today and it shot way low.  I've been lowering the front sight and now it will stay on the paper.  It does shoot, I can tell you that.  Might as well mention that I've seen large lock panels on guns from a number of builders and on a few originals.  If lock panels are all you're looking at then you're not seeing the rest of it, right?
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 02:32:39 AM »
Congrats on your new toy.
My guess, based on stocking elements is this build is from a corinthian educated establishment?

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 02:54:26 AM »
Doric.  And I'm still trying to find pics of a rifle without lock panels.  ;D
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 03:29:01 AM »
Hanshi,
Lock panels and muzzle crown be !@*%&@. If you like it that's what matters most. Good shooting to you.
Mark

Mark

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 03:37:09 AM »
I'm a crummy photographer ...  If lock panels are all you're looking at then you're not seeing the rest of it, right?

Photography is not as easy as Mark Elliot makes it look.  There's a lot going on to get the lighting right with these awkward objects with which we are so obsessed.  This time of year it's much easier to get an overcast day--and that helps quite a bit, muted natural light.

No, we see'd the rest of it as best we could, then we chose two things to comment on publicly.  Seems quite civil to me (and was requested IIRC).  It can be quite difficult to learn/discuss without feedback.  I took my first build back to the guru twice to have him yell at me about leaving too much wood.  Finally got it kinda close.  

Yes I've seen originals with chunky cheeks too.  Those aren't the ones i like as much.  

As to PB status i see no box or nose cap.  Is there an entry pipe or no?  One lock pin?  

Hold to the Wind