Author Topic: heres a knife  (Read 3046 times)

Tony Clark

heres a knife
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »
I really enjoy making knives, this is the first I've made like this. I forged the blade out of an old worn out file. It hardened and tempered perfectly, really holds an edge. The antler is just a shed I found. There is some cow horn in there for spacers on the handle. I just threaded the tapered tang and made up a nut out of a short piece of brass rod that I had, then after I assembled it just filed the whole works flush. I sewed up the sheath to, I really like this design. It has a rawhide liner. I know this isn't an old style knife, hope its OK that I showed it. I donated it to a local raffle with the proceeds going to benefit the leukemia & lymphoma society. Thanks & regards, TC

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:04:15 AM by Tony Clark »

PINYONE

Re: heres a knife
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:16:20 AM »
Well if that's the best you can do, so be it. I am now starting to think the Raffle is where to get a good knife- I love this knife as it looks like the type that comes from Norway, made for skinning Raindeer. It has a good Scandinavian look from one end to the other. You guys making knives for Bennefits need to send me one for my Bennefit. Hope people on here post more of these type of knives as I love them all. The Great Pinyone

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Re: heres a knife
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 01:42:47 AM »
Tony,
That's some great looking work.  I love the handle.  The sandwiched horn really contrast nicely with the antler handle.  Nice work.
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.