Author Topic: One way or the other we are going to stop talking about non ML rifles  (Read 17092 times)

Naphtali

Re: One way or the other we are going to stop talking about non ML rifles
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 03:02:16 AM »
Dennis:

Banning "bullet guns??" Are only round ball projectiles and shot kosher, or are conicals for muzzleloaders still okay? I ask because my English-style .72-caliber muzzleloading cap locks' rifling allows me to load patched RBs and cast 775-grain and 950-1000 grain conicals. Must I avoid queries pertaining to loading the conicals?
I just removed the "long range shooting ?" topic by now all of you should know the rules on what is allowable discussion here on ALR. If you want to discuss bullet guns, modern guns and barrels please do it on another forum where the rules allow for that kind of discussion. This board is for side-lock muzzle loaders.
Dennis

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 05:14:23 AM »
Dennis:

Banning "bullet guns??" Are only round ball projectiles and shot kosher, or are conicals for muzzleloaders still okay? I ask because my English-style .72-caliber muzzleloading cap locks' rifling allows me to load patched RBs and cast 775-grain and 950-1000 grain conicals. Must I avoid queries pertaining to loading the conicals?
I just removed the "long range shooting ?" topic by now all of you should know the rules on what is allowable discussion here on ALR. If you want to discuss bullet guns, modern guns and barrels please do it on another forum where the rules allow for that kind of discussion. This board is for side-lock muzzle loaders.
Dennis

A Whitworth or Alex Henry is NOT a side lock rifle???

Bob Roller

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »
Dennis:

Naphtali,
This forum was created specifically to discuss American Longrifles but over the years mission creep occurred and all types of muzzleloaders were allowed. The moderators and I discussed how to stop the dilution of the boards mission (seen here: http://americanlongrifles.org/?action=recent ). We felt too many members enjoyed discussing Hawken style rifles, Fowlers etc. But I did not want to get into benchrest/target shooting with all types of non-traditional rifles. I have nothing against these guns, I love this type of shooting but its just not what we want for this board.

After much discussion I/we settled on the current rules which are seen here:
Allowable topics are:

1.  The building or recreation of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms that would have been made or used in North America between 1607 and 1898.

2.  The study and collecting of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.

3.  The shooting of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.

4.  The historical and cultural setting for the manufacture and use of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.

If your rifle fits these rules then there is no problem with discussing it on this board.

Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline little joe

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 04:37:13 AM »
How about under hammer peices

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 05:20:16 AM »
Rule 1 must be a sidekick
Dennis

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

mmprwarner

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen
I as well as being a member of this forum, like Dennis have a muzzleloading chat board and understand the issues that Dennis has here at times it can be a bit trying to keep the conversations at the focus of the board.  I will refrain from putting my website here without Dennis's permission, and sense the rules of this forum seem to be clear, I would like to ask that you visit the appropriate forum for the type of discussion that you're looking for.  Many of the members of my forum also belong to this one and a couple of others so they can discuss all their interest with like-minded people.  Dennis and his moderators do a wonderful job of keeping this forum up to date.  If I can obtain Dennis's permission, I will place my website on this thread which has links to both my forum and this forum until then it is just my personal opinion that we should conform to the rules of the forum that were on.  Thank you for everything you do Dennis have a safe day.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 04:41:59 PM »
If I can obtain Dennis's permission, I will place my website on this thread which has links to both my forum and this forum until then it is just my personal opinion that we should conform to the rules of the forum that were on.
You have my permission to post info about your website. Its good to have a place for our members (and others) to discuss areas of muzzleloading that are not allowed by our rules.
Dennis

mmprwarner

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 06:52:33 PM »
Good morning everybody
Now that I have Dennis's permission, I will introduce you who already do not know to my website which is dedicated to muzzle loading target shooting.  Please come visit the site below.  When you get to the site.  If you will go to the forums and links you will find a large coffee cup on the left-hand side.  If you click it it will take you to my forum board.  Also, after you're done there in the forums and links you will find a link that will bring you back to the ALR site Dennis I would like to thank you for allowing me to do this.  I agree with you that we should all have a place where we can discuss our Passions with like-minded people to the rest of you, I encourage you to become members of both boards as there is much good information on each one of them.  everybody have a safe day.

http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters