Author Topic: New Here  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
New Here
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »
Hello all,

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself.  Many of you do not know me, my schedule does not allow a lot of travel to events and such.  My name is Cory Joe Stewart from the mountains of North Carolina and I have been making powder horns since 1994.  I also dabble in other accoutrements.  My passion is golden age horns, but I love all of them, and have tried to make most every style at some point or another.  With varying degrees of success.  I looked forward to conversing and learning from all of you in this forum.

Coryjoe
http://www.fiberwoodart.com/powder_horn_gallery.htm

Offline Gary Tucker

Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »
Welcome Cory,
From the works on your website it looks like you are very accomplished with hornwork already.  I really like the Tansel horn. 
Gary Tucker

david50

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
very nice work Cory

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:43:48 PM »
 Welcome to ALR.com. It is always nice to see other horners work, yours is great. Your website is also well done.

Tim C.

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 11:18:17 PM »
CoreyJoe, very nice work.  I have seen your horns and like them.  The one good thing about hornmaking is you're always looking to improve and something new is learned with each horn.  Keep up the excellent work.
Gary  :)
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »
  My name is Cory Joe Stewart from the mountains of North Carolina and I have been making powder horns since 1994.  I also dabble in other accoutrements.
Welcome to ALR Cory Joe,
Glad to have you join us. What part of the NC mountains? My dad was from Brevard, my mothers folks from Mitchel County. Wife's dad was from Wilkes County, her mothers folks from Iredell County and danged if our daughter moved to Raleigh NC. And we are stuck here in central VA!
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  I am in Surry County, but am originally from Buncombe county.  I lived down east towards Raliegh for a bit to.

Coryjoe