Author Topic: Union & Snyder Counties  (Read 2817 times)

Jim Thomas

Union & Snyder Counties
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »
A man by the name of Dalas C Ewing (Selinsgrove Pa) was doing a detailed study of gunsmiths from Union/Snyder area.    I've come up empty trying to find anything published.

Anyone out there have any information regarding his effort... or if he did publish something?   

don getz

Re: Union & Snyder Counties
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:00:35 AM »
Jim....boy, you are going way back.  The information that Dalas compiled was published in a Snyder County Historical
Society bulletin, I can't tell you which one just off hand.  I do have a copy of it.  Since you must be interested in Snyder
county guns, you might be interested in this.  Ron Gabel was up to our shop today to pick up a rifle, and we talked about
a lot of things.  He has a special interest in Snyder County guns and would like to do a book on them.  We wer discussing
the possibility of contacting everyone we knew who had a gun and try to arrange to bring it to the gunbarrel shop and
have it photographed.  This of course would be a major undertaking but we may explore the possibility of doing it.  Send
me an E-mail at "dggetz@nmax.net", I'll try to copy that article and see that you get one.......Don

Jim Thomas

Re: Union & Snyder Counties
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »
Don.........I would love a copy of the article.   I'll get an email out to you.   If it turns into a real chore I'll understand.     If it takes awhile, that's fine.

The Country Cupboard show opened my eyes to the Snyder county school.  I'm very appreciative to those collectors who went to the trouble of displaying them.