Author Topic: Cutom Bison Horns  (Read 1871 times)

windriver68

Cutom Bison Horns
« on: December 19, 2020, 08:36:31 PM »
Just bought a great Bison Powder Horn at Buckskins & Black Powder https://www.bs-bp.com.
Depending on size it holds about 1 lb. of powder. Different sizes are available.
Here is a pic of the one I bought.

Offline Panzerschwein

Re: Cutom Bison Horns
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 08:43:47 AM »
Thank you I am in need of a bison’s horn as I think it’s be a great accompaniment to my Hawken.

Offline Elnathan

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 04:55:36 PM »
How do you tie on the strap at the spout?
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline Jeff Murray

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 09:52:53 PM »
You could install an iron staple or cut a groove close to the spout to secure a strap.  If you cut a groove, make sure you have enough horn thickness where you make the groove so you don't go through the horn itself.

Offline Elnathan

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 02:53:40 AM »
You could install an iron staple or cut a groove close to the spout to secure a strap.  If you cut a groove, make sure you have enough horn thickness where you make the groove so you don't go through the horn itself.

Well, yes. Normally some sort of strap retention system comes already installed on a custom horn, though, and I don't see one on this particular horn. Hence my question.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling