Author Topic: northampton cty thumb piece engraving  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
northampton cty thumb piece engraving
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »
Can anyone post a photo of a samuel states or young family of northhampton oval thumb piece?  Working on a resto and need to see what border they engraved on them. Thanks
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline cshirsch

Re: northampton cty thumb piece engraving
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:12:55 PM »
Samuel States

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 11:25:08 PM »
That's what I was expecting.  THanks Chris.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 01:27:45 AM »
You are very welcome

That's what I was expecting.  THanks Chris.

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 02:47:59 AM »
Was this a regional thing to engrave the owners initial following the wrist instead of across it. I have rifle of this style with the initial engraved in this manner, and was just wondering.

Hungry Horse

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »
Was this a regional thing to engrave the owners initial following the wrist instead of across it. I have rifle of this style with the initial engraved in this manner, and was just wondering.

Hungry Horse
   I can’t answer that.