Author Topic: Turtle Head Powder Measure  (Read 6494 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Turtle Head Powder Measure
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »
You guys need to start making turtle head powder measures.  They are going for a premium.
Seller notes they don't know the age :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDERFUL-STAG-TURTLE-HEAD-CARVED-4-BLACK-POWDER-MEASURE-EXC-/381337614590?
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline iloco

• Old Timer, Chilhowie, Va.
Re: Turtle Head Powder Measure
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
Those measures are made by Mike Dray.  I have about 15 of them in various shapes.  He is one the best carvers of antler that I have seen.
 I don't have anywhere near that price in mine. 
The guy who is selling the turtle head measure was listing them as old measures but Mikes wife called his hand on the.  Be careful dealing with generallee...
iloco

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:37 PM »
Does Mike Dray have a website or any way to see what he might have available?  I like his work.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline iloco

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:36 PM »
Yes he does.  http://www.mikedraytradegoods.com/
 He list measures and horns a lot of the time on ebay under his wifes name which is quill1964.
iloco

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »
Thanks, I couldn't find that site with a google search before you replied here.  I will check it out.

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »
Well the carved turtle measure sold for $230 plus shipping....

Offline iloco

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 07:33:55 PM »
Pretty good profit when you pay around $50.00 for it.
iloco

Offline Dewey

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:35:23 PM »
There's one born every minute, or so I'm told ....    ::)

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 09:45:44 PM »
I just can't understand the thought process of paying $230 for a powder measure when the seller is telling you in black
and white that he doesn't know how old it is.  They guy must have been thinking it was from the 1700s?

Offline Majorjoel

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
It just had to have been the turtle Shreck! Many don't know it, but the turtle has had a strange power over people since the great flood.  :o
Joel Hall

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 11:21:18 PM »
"Am I turtley enough for the turtle club?"  What movie is this quote from?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:23:59 PM by Shreckmeister »

Offline iloco

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »
Here is an Eagle Head 90 grain measure that Mike Dray made for me. It was $50.00 which I thought was a fair price.
iloco

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 02:29:38 PM »
Nice eagle measure. Mike's got talent.