Author Topic: acrid smoke  (Read 4037 times)

Leon

acrid smoke
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:10:41 AM »
 ;D Well after a little over a year I've finally filled the air with acrid smoke. Its been quite a ride to this point since I bought my kit from TOW January 2008. The Bivins Lancaster fits me like a glove I could'nt be happier. The first three times that I pulled the trigger were just flashes but after that all successes. Worked up to 120 grains of 2f and settled right in. All off hand at 50 yards twenty .58 cal. holes in a nice tight cluster. I found that 2f primed as well as 3f and recoil was negligiable. My compliments to Misters Chambers, Rice and Davis. Wow this is the first time I ever shot a flintlock and I could see the patch and sparks fly with each shot so I guess my father did a good job 45 years ago teaching me to shoot without flinching. I'm definitely hooked. Leon     

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: acrid smoke
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 12:20:14 AM »
That acrid smoke smells like perfume, don't it, Leon?  And the more you burn, the better it smells.  Congratulations.

!Jozai Senjo!  "always present on the battlefield"
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 12:53:23 AM »
I LOVE the smell of black powder in the morning!!  It smells like.......HISTORY!!!!! ;D
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 12:58:55 AM »
Aaaaamen!

!Jozai Senjo!  "always present on the battlefield"
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

crispy

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »
Wow ,, not many folks would buy and build the kit , and then try shooting it to see if they liked flinters . good for you and welcome to the group .

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 07:58:27 AM »
Are we going to get to see some pictures, Leon?  Sounds like you've built yourself a good flintlock! :)

Leon

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 05:06:58 AM »
Don't know about the pictures, all I have is a 35mm, this gun shoots very well but I don't think it has anything to do with my work. My work has left me with alot of cosmetic "warts" but the next one will be better. Leon 

tuffy

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 04:08:40 AM »
Ya know, they say that if'n it ain't a smokin' an a stinkin' then it's gotta be an imitation!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D