Author Topic: An Appreciation for Quality at a Fair Price  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Squirrel pizza

An Appreciation for Quality at a Fair Price
« on: September 13, 2015, 01:57:27 AM »
  I don't want to sound like a late night commercial, but I'd like to sing the praises of the work Tabetha Currier is doing. I've traded with her husband Brian, who goes by "Kentuck 917" here on our site and learned his wife wove horn straps, garters, sashes, etc. Took a chance and got one. couldn't be happier! Not only was it exactly what I wanted for this horn, but the length, weave, and look were perfect. I suggested she was selling them to cheap, I'm glad she didn't listen as she's making another for me. I don't know what horn it's for but I want it before she sees I was right and raises her prices.(I'm sure it will go on my daughters Sibley horn, but I may change my mind and have it be Dad's Sibley horn). I can't speek highly enough about Brian and Tabetha. Who knows, maybe they might be the new Sibley's of the weeving world. I'm not getting paid, though I probably should be. Look them up and give a new artist some biz. you'll be glad you did. Mike Kaminski

Online Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: An Appreciation for Quality at a Fair Price
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 03:07:07 PM »
 Who did the horn?

Thanks, Tim C.

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:30:58 PM »
The horn is by Kevin Hart. It's from his "forts" series. this one is Ft. Crown Point
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:32:30 PM by Squirrel pizza »

Online Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 12:31:04 AM »
The horn is by Kevin Hart. It's from his "forts" series. this one is Ft. Crown Point

Thanks, don't know him but his engraving is very well done. From what I can see it is some of the best contemporary I've seen in that style.

Tim C.

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »
Kevin does beautiful work. Between his fort series, Tansel style and Southern banded horns I was like a kid in a candy store. I knew what I wanted though, all of them!

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 06:44:14 PM »
Yes it really is a quality piece or set as it were. You should feel very happy to have such a quality set.

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 11:37:54 PM »
Indeed I do. Wish I knew how many brown bag P.B.J.'s it took to pay it off. Sometimes I felt like Gary Cooper in Sgt. York, come in from plowing and put my 75 cents in the jar. I think it means more that way, but I wouldn't mind seeing how the other half live.

Online Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »
 Thanks for the contact information Mr. pizza I ordered a nice strap yesterday she invoiced it I paid it she shipped it all in one day   Probably going to order more of them after I get the first one
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 03:20:27 AM »
I certainly hope it works out for everybody and glad I could help. I love the strap Tabetha made me and am looking forward to the next one.