Author Topic: Where have all the checkering sets gone??  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Where have all the checkering sets gone??
« on: September 13, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »
Looking for a 16lpi or 18lpi checkering set. Can't find them anywhere. Everyone seems to be sold out. Any suggestions?

Best regards
Rolf

Offline Bart

Re: Where have all the checkering sets gone??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 07:07:36 PM »
Have you tried Brownells, Inc. or Midway USA ??

Bart

Online T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
Rolf ,
You may have to make your own or search for European sources.  Of the two companies making them, one went out of business and the other is for sale but has ceased production.

Also, if you plan to buy off ebay, be aware that the ones by Dembart are only good for a few guns before they go dull and they can't be sharpened by any method I know of.  The ones by Gunline are of a different design and can be touched up.

Only the initial layout is critical.  Once that is done, you can finish pointing them up with various diemaker's rifflers.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »
Looking for a 16lpi or 18lpi checkering set. Can't find them anywhere. Everyone seems to be sold out. Any suggestions?

Best regards
Rolf
I have a brand new Dembart 18 LPI checkering set plus 4 extra handles, 6 extra cutters – 4 are mounted in the extra handles, a Brownell’s “Chekrcheck” guide. I purchased this from an old gentleman who never used. I have it as a spare as I have two sets already. If interested I will sell it for $100 US money not including shipping and/or other international additional costs.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 10:18:03 PM »

Best regards
Rolf
I have a brand new Dembart 18 LPI checkering set plus 4 extra handles, 6 extra cutters – 4 are mounted in the extra handles, a Brownell’s “Chekrcheck” guide. I purchased this from an old gentleman who never used. I have it as a spare as I have two sets already. If interested I will sell it for $100 US money not including shipping and/or other international additional costs.

Dang!! I just bought a Dembart master set 18lpi on eBay. The guy had 4 sets for sale and I jumped at the offer. There were 15 viewers on line and I was afraid all the sets would be grabbed if I didn't act fast. But thank you for your offer.

Best regards
Rolf