Author Topic: Need a good gunsmith  (Read 2244 times)

edwardc

Need a good gunsmith
« on: October 23, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
as  the topic  says  i need a good gun smith  to repair a rifle
some one who can fix a couple  of what i consider minor issues that might turn  out to be major  problems 

can some one suggest a place 

i live  in nevada ( southern part ) and there  is no one around  her  i would trust  in any way shape or form
they are all ham handed monkeys  only good  for modern  stuff

and  any one who thinks i am kidding i can tell you a story  to curl your toes  the wrong way LOL

once watched a supposed gunsmith put a 1 inch long scratch down  the receiver of a $ 20,000.00 shot gun

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Need a good gunsmith
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:19 PM »
A run down of your problem might get a referral to some one you trust for the job.

Offline gunmaker

• the old dog gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:55:48 PM »
Contact Wally Penjuv (pen-you've) in Las Vegas, he's a true artist in Gun work.  702-812-0199 I've known him for years, very interesting fellow.....Tom

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »
Several guys here do great repair work, but a hint of what the problem is would be helpful...
John
John Robbins

edwardc

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 08:07:58 PM »
 since  the mods have considered  the actual gun as off topic and not allowed  in the forum
i will give  the  problems  and go from there

it needs a new nipple  the old one is broken off   it also may be still loaded from lord knows when
the nipple had been crushed  from years  of it being dry fired  and also used as a child's play toy
YES play toy   it was a young boys Cowboy and Indians  gun LOL

it needs a couple of repairs  to the stock area  mainly  to get a solid base  for screws  to hold  it together  and also  it needs  the rear sight  repaired
from falling over  and hitting  the rear sight
also a re built elevator  for the rear sight 

ed