Author Topic: Bag  (Read 4975 times)

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
Bag
« on: November 12, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »
I just finished this bag for a gentleman who has a new Ed Wenger rifle. He saw a bag made by Clay Smith that Ed owned and tried to obtain a similar one from Clay who apparently is quite consumed with his multifaceted  business that he has stopped producing his nice pouches. A fellow board member referred the gentleman to me and I made an attempt to produce my version - of Clay's version - of a Rockbridge Co. VA pouch.
The customer requested a deer as he was inspired by Moravian pottery depicting same. I looked primarily to horns made by the "Pointed Tree Carver" and German engravings of "lop" eared deer as well as delft tiles and pottery images to cobble out this animal.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Bag
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
 A beauty, nice tooling and the Pinked edges really set it off. Well done.

Tim C.

Offline Arcturus

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 11:06:57 PM »
Very nice, like everything James does.  I always marvel at the fine stitching....how does he do that? Seems like about forty stitches or so an inch.. :D
Jerry

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 06:20:20 PM »
Now that is a very nice bag!! Well made and beautiful as well as nicely historic!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Online Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:52:40 PM »
Nicely done just as it is and you can just see will only get better with time and use.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »
I agree, very nice and a period correct deer to boot.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 02:17:17 AM »
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.........    :-) 

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »
Well I suppose that would do in a pinch. But in my humble opinion a furry little squirrel would have set it off nicely! They are such cleaver, industrious little critters. And Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national symbol. Go figure. Nice bag.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:15:59 PM by Squirrel pizza »