Author Topic: "Original" H B cross of lorraine  (Read 5808 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
"Original" H B cross of lorraine
« on: February 17, 2016, 03:23:28 AM »
Has anyone seen this fine original example for $200 on the CLA site  apparently the value of These artifacts is really coming down.   I forecast the market bouncing back and will offer 300 for any originals you may have in anticipation of the rebound so jump on my offer quick before It's too late
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline jdm

• member 2
Re: "Original" H B cross of lorraine
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 05:49:36 AM »
I didn't know they still made original  Hudson Bay cross's!
JIM

Horner75

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:29:35 AM »
Original HB Cross of Loraine....not reproduction.

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 05:04:22 AM »
Original HB Cross of Loraine....not reproduction.

Educate me
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Horner75

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »
I reread my reply post and it does look like I am confirming that the cross is an original, when what I was really trying to tell jbm that you stated "original" and didn't realize that it was a little tongue and cheek in your post.

No, I don't think the cross is an original.  With the yellowing color, it looks more like German silver or possibly brass(?).  Some of the less reputable Traders were known to use brass, copper and other metals and rub Mercury (Quick Silver) to make the NA tribes think that the item was real silver, but it is said, that  most tribes caught on to this fraud quickly and demanded silver.

JMHO
Rick

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 10:29:43 PM »
Funny how the same words can mean different things just the way theyre interpreted

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 12:46:47 AM »
And I thought I was being funny! My sarcasm gets me in trouble all the time.
JIM

Offline jrb

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
Instead of cross of "Lorraine", like it's called in several trade silver books, this guy listed this thing as cross of "Lorrance".
On Ebay right now someone has another listed as cross of "Laramie". Are these names legitimate or misnamed on purpose?

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 10:48:42 PM »
Misnomers