Author Topic: TC Cherokee  (Read 27888 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Re: TC Cherokee
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
Gunner69,

Please send me a PM and we can chat about embellishing a Seneca.
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

oldprogger

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
Hey everybody,  I just got on this forum and I was interested in what Daryl said about replacing a Seneca lock with a T O W Hawken  lock. I was wondering which Hawken lock from  Track that he used.  Thanks.  Dave.  P.S.  I'm wanting to find something to replace the non-available T/C locks without giving the E-bayers two arms and a leg for one.  Thanks.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2016, 04:47:57 AM »
Hello oldprogger - I don't know the exact lock I bought, only that it was one of their cap-lock Hawken plates/locks.  What I did was to strip the TC lock down to it's plate and match it against the lock plates in the track catalog. This was possible as the pictures are scale. I found a plate that was almost exactly the same as the TC plate, needing only minor filing. I bought the lock from them and then purchased the Bedford County percussion hammer as it had almost exactly the right 'throw'.  I filed the plate out for the TC bolster and inlet the lock parts- done.  Oh yeah- I had to turn the nose of the hammer in a tich to hit the nipple properly. This I did cold.  DONE - maybe 1hr's work altogether. I got a really good edge on my "inletting" screwdrivers this time, so it went quickly. :D (Taylor's orders, of course)  Agasint his orders, I might have used my B&D Dremel as well? I don't remember exactly.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

oldprogger

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 06:35:21 AM »
Hey Daryl,  Thanks for the info on the lock.  I will try just what you said to do.  Them E-bay hustlers need to be undermined a little and I don't mean perhaps.  Thanks again.  Dave.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 06:04:32 AM »
welcome
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V