Author Topic: lexington riffle  (Read 1891 times)

kaintuck

lexington riffle
« on: April 30, 2016, 11:39:20 PM »
 Tomtom and i worked some on wood removal and lockplate inletting. I do like the tiger stripping in this wood, the right side will be covered with a brass PB, but no carvings on the left side~per Lexington style. I will need to make ANOTHER toe plate...seem this one is 2" shorter than it's supposed to be...and i don't like the screw placements anyways.....!
I need to make the fancy-dan brass sideplate before I can fully install the lock, then a day spent inletting and setting the set-triggers~and i will fill my 'cuss-jar' i'm sure...stinking set triggers....i would rather do 3 RR entry pipes than one set trigger.... :P yeah...I know on picture #3 that comb curve will be adjusted.......I need to go study Paris Hiltons clevage some to get it a perfect curve............. ;D :o
anyways, for those that enjoy my posts and crazy cat comments~here....and for those that don't like it....go have a good cry :blah:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:

and it would seem, I have a 'Betty Page' front sight, to much overhang....what should i do on this fellas?...trim till it's sighted in, or trim with a smidgen of overhang????

P.S. Dennis said i'm to play nice........sorry, sometimes I have TO much on-call, and I get testy like my kat........... :o

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: lexington riffle
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 12:02:30 AM »
Looks like you need to take some more woood off and maybe run a piece of sand paper over it a couple times. ;D I've always been a little leery of any "Fancy Dan" stuff........ ;)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?