Author Topic: Calling Nord / Hurricane  (Read 3719 times)

brokenflint

Calling Nord / Hurricane
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:39:50 PM »
Nord / Hurricane

Thanks for the library submittals, they have been greatly appreciated.  Its been really great to be able to read your comments and see a quality photo of the rifles / pistols in question.  I've been like a sponge here soaking up all the information I can, and I'm sure fellow formites are doing the same. 

I do have a favor to ask tho, ever since the first bunch of posts, I've been ogling the bench  :D Would you mind showing some more shots of it!!  That bench would look good in my entry way  ;)  I may need to build one of those.   

Thanks again for the library.

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Re: Calling Nord / Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 01:26:08 AM »
The bench does not belong to either of us, if you are referring to the one against the stone wall upon which rest some of the finest guns in the Museum.  Perhaps the owner will read your post and contact you, if you post your email . It currently is "hidden" on the ALR site.
Thanks for your very kind words. They, along with the positive comments of many others , make all the effort and work  worthwhile. Please consider sending  us pictures of your guns and encouraging others to do the same.
Fred (Hurricane)
(fgarner@verizon.net)

Offline nord

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »
I can't add more to what Fred has already said.

Your kind words are deeply appreciated. It took almost two years of planning to bring the site public and we appreciate any constructive comments that might be shared.
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.

Offline Blacksmoke

• "Old age and treachery beats youth and skill"
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
Nord/Hurricane,  Yes- thanks guys for all your work in the antique library! It is much appreciated!  I too have been ogling the bench and would like to see further pics. of it without any guns on it. :P   Hugh Toenjes
H.T.

timM

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 04:40:43 AM »
Brokenflint and Blacksmoke, I have finally gotten around to photographing the old bench.  I posted it in the "Over the Back Fence" category.  If there are any particular shots you would like to see feel free to ask.

Hugh, I am sure you wouldn't remember me but we met at the Las Vegas winter show year before last.  Your were very kind and generous with your time.  You and your cased rifle MADE my visit that year.  Sometimes hard to believe a human hand can  produce something so fine!  ....... "Meisterstuck" .......
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:46:48 AM by timM »

brokenflint

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 04:49:46 AM »
Tim  this is much appreciated, this will be one of my winter projects for sure  ;D  I'll be drawing up some plans shortly, but I may have to change the scroll work to longrifle volutes LOL  thanks again