Author Topic: Visiting the gunshop Dyson & Son  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Visiting the gunshop Dyson & Son
« on: July 10, 2016, 01:02:35 AM »
Just came back from a two week family vacation in England. I managed to squeze in a three hour visit at Dyson. Wish I could have spent a whole day. It was like a candy store.  I was allowed hold original guns. Most impressiv was Three beautiful double barrel pistols by wogden. Wish I had more time to two take measurments of the guns.
Spent a bit more money than planed, but my wife still lets me sleep in the bedroom.
Bought;  4# of bone charcoal
Lineing (blaze) for four pistol cases.
A pair of 18 gauge damascus shotgun barrel blanks( they are machined on the outside and inside. Not breeched or joined.)
two 12" damascus blanks for dueling pistols, no machining done.
two 10" damascus blanks for a double barrel pistol, no machining done.
One casting of a standing breech for a Wogden double pistol.

I think I migth have bit over more than I can chew. The barrel blanks are going to be a challenge and I,m going to need the the advice from the ALR experts. I had to buy the blanks, otherwise I'd be beating myself over my head for passing up such an opertunitiy. It will take years before these Projects are finished. My main Projects at the monement are , Beck rifle, pair of big bore Dragoons and a pair of swedish officer pistols. I will try to do some work on the the blanks in between these Projects.

Best regards
Rolf

Peter Dyson in his workshop.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:11:12 PM by Rolf »

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: Visiting the gunshop Dyson & Son
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 01:42:58 AM »
Sounds like a nice visit ---- "I'll take two of those, one of those, and three of those - wrap them up I'll take them to go"!!!!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 02:50:38 AM »
I'd go broke visiting a place like that.  Thanks for the pics!
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 08:01:57 AM »
Did they mention what they use the cnc lathes for? Neat looking place.

eddillon

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 08:46:08 AM »
Peter and Wendy are great folks.  Have visited with  them in Las Vegas.  Bought from them on line and have spoken with them on the phone.  Absolutely wonderful people to do business with.