Author Topic: Seeking a gun maker ...  (Read 4457 times)

rfd

Seeking a gun maker ...
« on: June 16, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »
... by the name of Tom Watson?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Seeking a gun maker ...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:46:44 PM »
Sure it's not Wayne Watson? He did the Last of the Mohican guns.

You know me, always trying to be helpful..... ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

rfd

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 11:57:02 PM »
nope, definitely a tom watson in georgia.  no problem, i'll find him sooner or later.  he was the feller that made this hawken for one of the fellers on the TMA ...

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:07:24 AM »
My foggy memory tells me Tom Watson may be mainly a knife maker. Seems he used to set up at Friendship. He may have also made guns from time to time. Some one here is bound to know for sure.
  You ought to ask around over on the TMA board, those guys may know all about him.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

rfd

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »
i just asked the feller that owns the above hawken, i'll find him.

thanx for your assistance, mike!

rob.

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:57 AM »
The Tom Watson you are looking for made a hawken for me back around 2000 or 2001. He was in Florida then an had a shop called hunters trail. He did a good job on the gun but I sold it after finding out the cussion guns had lost their appeal to me. Just was'nt any fun anymore. Seems like he was jr as his dad was Tom too. I have lost all contact info for him but I will look again an if I find it I will pm you
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 12:37:36 AM »
Mike the Watson you are thinking of is a knife maker from Deatsville Alabama. He lives just a few miles from some of my kin that live in Prattville. I went to his shop once but he was closed an gone to a show some where
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

rfd

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 12:44:55 AM »
much obliged wattlebuster sir!

i've been jonsing for a hawken like the above rifle, but only as a half stock.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 01:20:40 AM »
The Tom Watson you are looking for made a hawken for me back around 2000 or 2001. He was in Florida then an had a shop called hunters trail. He did a good job on the gun but I sold it after finding out the cussion guns had lost their appeal to me. Just was'nt any fun anymore. Seems like he was jr as his dad was Tom too. I have lost all contact info for him but I will look again an if I find it I will pm you

I have a lock order from Tom Watson and he said I can give his address and phone #.
 The snail mail is 845 Wellington Drive,Monroe Ga. 30665
The phone is 1-770-207-7995
<flintshooter@outlook.com> is his Email

Bob Roller

rfd

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 01:26:43 AM »
excellent - thank you so much, bob!

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 01:35:51 AM »
Mike the Watson you are thinking of is a knife maker from Deatsville Alabama. He lives just a few miles from some of my kin that live in Prattville. I went to his shop once but he was closed an gone to a show some where

Are you sure that you aren't thinking of Billy Watson?

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 01:45:45 AM »
I have a knife made by Billy (Bob?) Watson from Alabama. Excellent work.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 02:46:14 AM »
Yes its Billy Watson that makes knives from Deatsville Alabama. Its Tom that made the hawken I used to own