Author Topic: Neat stuff found  (Read 5837 times)

Offline Paddlefoot

Neat stuff found
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
Was looking through the Lee Valley-Veritas catalog and found some neat stuff in there.  They have soapstone blocks that would be about right if anyone wanted to make a pc bullet mold for their hunting pouch. They also  have a set of rules for converting or comparing a measurement to Phi, that good old golden mean. ;D  Lots more but those stood out.
The nation that makes great distinction between it's warriors and it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools. King Leonidas of Sparta

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: Neat stuff found
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
What's the Golden Mean?
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

KY Shinner

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
Acer, your a brave man to ask that question.  I remember previous threads. 

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:34:40 AM »
What's the Golden Mean?
I think I once heard someone say that "He who doesn't get his fair share of the gold usually gets mean".
DMR

Offline Z. Buck

• Fabricati Diem Pvnc
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
i'm gonna go hide under a rock until this blows over, someone come get me when the fires out and ill help put back together whats left of the board
I Make Inflammatory Statements

Be Prepared

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:40 PM »
Acer ---- you rascal.    Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »
I took a look and couldn't find the soapstone.  Can you clue me in on where to look?
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
The means to get the gold.
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »
Three outta Five.

I have a neighbor lady that thinks she has a golden (one) and she's mean also. ;)

At times! ;D

Leatherbelly

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 04:35:04 AM »
 Here we go!! ::) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:36:25 AM by Leatherbelly »

Offline Paddlefoot

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 07:54:52 AM »
Hi Pletch, 
   If you are on the Lee Valley-Veritas online catalog look in the index under project supplies,more project ideas. You can also just enter soapstone in the search box and it will take you right to it.  They have it in several sizes.
   See you all thought I was yankin' yer chain with the golden mean stuff.   ::)
The nation that makes great distinction between it's warriors and it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools. King Leonidas of Sparta

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »
Thanks Paddlefoot.  I don't know how I spelled "soapstone" yesterday but it didn't work.  The wey I tipe it cud hav ben ane nuumber of thins rong.  It worked today. 

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

Offline Paddlefoot

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »
Great Pletch, If you make the molds I'd sure love to see what they look like and hear how you did it. I have too many projects lined up right now to dive in on another. This retirement stuff is time consuming.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 12:07:28 AM »
Great Pletch, If you make the molds I'd sure love to see what they look like and hear how you did it. I have too many projects lined up right now to dive in on another. This retirement stuff is time consuming.

I think I'll order a piece to see what trouble I can get into.  I'll need help with a cherry to cut the cavity.  Maybe Acer makes stuff like that.

You're right about time consuming retirement.  I'm busier now than I was when I had a day job.  At least I  can let fun stuff get in the way of real work.   The timing stuff fits in the "fun" category.   It's too easy to get too many irons in the fire tho.  Thanks for the link.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com