Author Topic: Pulverin  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
Pulverin
« on: September 26, 2016, 10:50:00 PM »
Something I made to go with a Jaeger I have planned. A moose or elk antler would have provided more room for powder but all I had was this lonely whitetail shed, so maybe down the road it will provide some good mojo, hah! It holds more than enough for a days hunt.

upload photo websites

Robby
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:08:48 AM by Robby »
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
Re: Pulver (?)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:09:44 AM by Robby »
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline Gun Butcher

Re: Pulverin
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 02:37:59 PM »
Very unique, and well made. I like it and think it will compliment a jaeger very nicely.

Ron
Member Honorable Company of Horners
Member of the CLA

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14:23 PM »
Well, there's two of us! ;D Thanks Ron!!
Robby
molon labe

Offline Gun Butcher

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:08:30 PM »
Well Robby, I have built a jaeger and I make horns therefore, I am an expert on jaeger accoutrements.........right ::) ::) ??? ??? ;D

Ron
Member Honorable Company of Horners
Member of the CLA

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »
 Neat. Did you make that spout and where did you find the attachment loops?
I saw another not to long ago but can't remember where it was. Have though about making one but never found the right antler. Your carving is very well done.

Tim C.

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »
Tim, I file formed the spout from 3/4" dia. brass bar stock, the studs from 1/4" weld rod, the rings from 1/16" weld rod and the rope from heavy linen thread. I think Elk or moose would probably work better because the part the meets the scull is more square to the body of the antler than the fairly sharp angle of a white tail deer. If anyone has some they don't need, let me know.
Robby
molon labe

Offline Kopfjaeger

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »
Nice.
" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "