Author Topic: First Patchbox, need some help re: bending etc updated with progress  (Read 16429 times)

ron w

Re: First Patchbox, need some help re: bending etc updated with progress
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2017, 05:35:49 PM »
 speaking figuratively, of course !,..... if you think place is bad,....go to "Archery Talk", or some of the other  hunting/shooting/archery/sports forums !.

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
Chowme. 
We don't really argue. We just offer up diverse ideas and differing opinions.  If you want a full set of options, you must stir the pot now and then.  Just look at the neat ideas we learned. I don't learn much on these subjects any more because I have been doing it so long. I learned something new on this subject because you brought it up. That is a big deal for me. Thanks for steering the pot.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:29:25 PM by jerrywh »
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »
I have to say that I learn something from someone every time I get on this board......and I always assume that if someone has a differing opinion, that it is never meant as an argument but just what it is, a differing opinion. 

Of course, if the post starts out by saying, "How can you be such a jackass.....!", then, perhaps, I would take it that the differing opinion is being offered a little more aggressively... :o
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Chowmi

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2017, 01:22:28 AM »
Chowme. 
We don't really argue. We just offer up diverse ideas and differing opinions.  If you want a full set of options, you must stir the pot now and then.  Just look at the neat ideas we learned. I don't learn much on these subjects any more because I have been doing it so long. I learned something new on this subject because you brought it up. That is a big deal for me. Thanks for steering the pot.

Jerry,
I'm glad I stirred the pot and generated discussion.  That is indeed the value of this forum, I'm glad that we have all learned something from this thread.  I certainly have, and I have much more to learn.
I've seen countless pictures of your rifles, and admire them greatly.

Dave,
thank you for posting pictures of the method you used to build that patch box.  It is ingenious, and has turned out beautifully.  I had been following the progress of your build, and marvel at the precision with which you build.    I also love the pictures of your rocket engine work!  I've never done anything rocket related, but have an appreciation for thrust.  I've flown a 24,000 pound airplane with 28,000 pounds of thrust from standing still to 15,000 feet in probably less than 2 minutes. 

Anyway, back to topic:

I've stayed away from this topic for a few days partly because I've been working on other guns, shooting at a club shoot etc. , and partly because I just didn't want to get sucked in to a discussion about historically correct vs. mechanically correct or whatever else might have cropped up.

I haven't made any more progress, but will post pictures when I get the finial and lid inlet into the stock.   

Cheers,
Norm
Cheers,
Chowmi

NMLRA
CLA