Author Topic: Looking for hand forged furniture  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
Looking for hand forged furniture
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »
Who makes hand forged trigger guards & butt plates for Tenn styled rifles?  I'm looking for a set.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

rdillon

Re: Looking for hand forged furniture
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
TOTW has a forged trigger guard.  I have one and its pretty nice.

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 07:15:22 PM »
Curt Lyles (Curt's Blacksmith Shop - he has a website  http://www.cdlyles.com/) makes forged hardware on an order by order basis and does great work.  

Sure wish Myron Carlson was still around to see all this resurgence of interest in late flint mountain rifles.  He made nice hardware and was a fixture on commercial row at Friendship for many years.  Sadly we lost him a few years back, but what a wealth of knowledge he was about these old guns.

Guy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:19:06 PM by Guy Montfort »

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »
Thanks guys.  I met Myron Carlson at Friendsip in the 80s & he was a fine gentleman indeed.  I bought some old Buckskin Reports on ebay about a month ago & was shocked to see that they were addressed to him.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Offline M Tornichio

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »
Roger what style trigger guard are you looking for? I forged up 8 butt plates for sale this past couple of weeks. I am still working on my jigs for the trigger guards. I will post them in the for sale section when I have them completed. I only have two later style buttplates at the moment. all the rest are early transitional rifle style or jeager butt plates. I can send dimension and pictures if you are interested.
Marc

Offline Rayant

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 03:23:11 AM »
Marc Tornichio, please send me the dimensions and pictures of the butt plate(s) you have for sale.  Thanks

Offline M Tornichio

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:10:32 AM »
I thought it might be better to start a new thread. Look in the for sale directory when you get a chance.