Author Topic: Williamsburg Gun Shop Video on DVD  (Read 3265 times)

Jefferson58

Williamsburg Gun Shop Video on DVD
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:17:25 PM »
I probably missed another post about this topic, but thought everyone might like to know that the classic Williamsburg gun building video is now available on DVD. We saw it at the Southern Long Rifle Show this past weekend and purchased it there.

I assume that it is available through Colonial Williamsburg since I purchased my copy through one of their employees.

If anyone needs contact info., I can provide an email for them.

Jeff Bibb

Ionian

Re: Williamsburg Gun Shop Video on DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 05:58:55 PM »
Is the DVD available on line? I can't find it anywhere.

John Vaccaro

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »
I looked at the Williamsburg web site and could not find the DVD. John

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 05:52:07 AM »
Sure,  I stopped by Williamsburg last year, and visited the book store.  That was the only video still available only on cassette.  They couldn't explain why.  I broke down and bought a copy.  Now they come out with the DVD, sheesh.
Kunk

Jefferson58

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »
I will provide proper contact and ordering information by Monday, I hope. I am not sure that my friend at CWF is the person to order from.

Please check this post again in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
The Gunsmith of Williamsburg on DVD is a brand new product (just arrived 10 days ago) and it will probably take a couple of weeks to turn up in the online sales site. Online sales has there warehouse in another area.

If you are in a great rush call 757-229-1000 and ask for the BookSellers at the Visitor Center. They will probably be getting it before the online sales site does.

The long delay in getting the VHS switched to DVD was related to hoping that money would be available to"remaster" the original. When it became clear that was unlikely they went ahead and worked from a VHS tape. It seems the Gunsmith is one of a new series of reproduced original VHS tapes that will be called "Masters" or somesuch.

Gary
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:20:07 AM by flintriflesmith »
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline ChipK

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »
I just called the Bookstore and they arrived in the store yesterday.  They are selling them right now.

Jefferson58

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
I just received a message from CWF. The video is available by calling Customer Service at 800-761-8331. The cost is $19.95 plus $5.00 shipping.

Hope this information is useful.

Thanks,

Jeff