Author Topic: bird mouth round ball bullet dispenser.....ever see one???  (Read 15402 times)

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: bird mouth round ball bullet dispenser.....ever see one???
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »
Holy Moly!  it actually does look exactly like a real crow!  Awesome.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Rick Sheets

• HCH Master Horner and Web Guy
    • Proud Journeyman Horner with the Honourable Company of Horners
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 05:07:53 AM »
Thats the neatest thing I've seen in a long time. I don't know how practical it is but it sure is cool! Excellent craftsmanship. I guess the wire loop through his neck pushes the spring in its bottom bill?

The wire bit is the way to carry it. It swivels. There is no spring in the mouth. You just tip the head forward and a ball is auto-magically held in the beak. Then you pluck it out. To get another ball, you tip the head forward again. So it is not like a PEZ dispenser.

Rick
Proud Master Horner with the Honourable Company of Horners
     http://www.hornguild.org
My personal website:
     http://patriothorns.com
Like me on facebook:
     http://www.facebook.com/patriothorns

Offline sonny

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 02:55:51 AM »
squirrel pizza, naw! The bullets stay in the crows body, an nose him down advances the ball over a horn ramp in his throat an sticks in the crows beak. The heavy wire hanger is only a heavy wire hanger.....nothing more.........no springs , just one under the keystone inlay to raise an pivot the inlay for bullet filling.......I have another type of bullet horn idea coming for this years competition, should be a doo zee!!!!................ha ha ha .............not a crow this time!!!!!.............sonny

Offline Tony N

• Rabbit Hash,Ky
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
I did a search and found this under "duck bill ball bag".  Cool, huh?

-Ron

I do like this one!

~Tony

dlubbesmeyer

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 03:11:52 AM »
That is a great 'curiosity'!
Excellent craftsmanship👍

Offline sonny

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 08:03:19 PM »
squirrel pizza, The heavier wire bail is just a heavier carrying means to lash the bullet crow under your arm or just above the top edge of the bag. It is not, a spring cocking device ,to activate an feed the crow a ball. I had made the wire a bit more heavy so that using it would function as intended for many years to come. The only spring on the old crow is located under the keystone inlay, which raises the inlay, an can then be pivoted to the side, for the ball feed, hidden beneth it to be used. Rotating the inlay back an tighten down, closes the hatch. I could have made a fancier carrying handle, but I felt that fancy detailed loop would never stand up to the use it would get bouncing off the users side......you can bet my thicker wire would though!!!!!.........................Sonny