Author Topic: Southern Ohio artisan workshop  (Read 1721 times)

Phillip Smith

Southern Ohio artisan workshop
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »
Just got back from the first week of the gunmakers class at canters cave. For those that have been before you already know what a great opportunity it is to learn and focus on your gunmaking skills. If you haven't been and can possibly work it out to attend in the future I would highly recommend it. Ian and Jim are both talented artist and teachers, the accommodations are great, there is plenty of good food, and more than enough time to focus in on gun building.

Phillip Smith

Offline Ian Pratt

Re: Southern Ohio artisan workshop
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
Phillip - thank you for the kind words, and I am happy to hear that you had a good class. With your previous gun building, wood working and fabricating experience, you had some worthy insights to share with the class which we all appreciated.  Jim and I did two weeks in a row this time to help get some new students into the fold and I am glad we had room for you.   
  We had a really good group this time, was good to make some new friends and help turn a few newcomers into hopeless gunbuilding addicts... our youth scholarship student Blake Chambers had never built one before. He did a fine job and is already planning the next one.
  We'll try to share some class pictures here soon - 

Ian