Author Topic: Drilling Jig  (Read 3476 times)

bear57

Drilling Jig
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
Where can I buy a Dave Rase Drilling Jig?

Online smallpatch

• Dane Lund
Re: Drilling Jig
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »
Dave Rase.
His contact info is in his profile.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:05:56 AM »
It works so well and is easy to use, I barely use by drill press anymore.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »
Where can I buy a Dave Rase Drilling Jig?
Bear57,
PM sent.
David

Offline redheart

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »
I want one too :'( Waaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:28:06 AM by redheart »

Offline redheart

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
 :) P.M. Sent

Offline Woodsrunner79

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:22:34 PM »
so, before I pick up a drill press. Can someone explain the pros and cons of owning this jig instead. I'm limited on space, so if this will do what I need to build one Rifle then I'd go with the jig.

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
Building my first rifle so perhaps my experience can help.I don't have a shop and space is tight where I'm at right now.While I have plenty of time behind a drill press in my day it was not an option for this project.While I think with the right set up a drill press would be the way to go,more precise,less chance of movement during the process ect.The drill jigs do the job,I have no complaints. I was able to do a decent job to drill the tang bolts as well as the lock bolts.The pins for the thimbles where more of a challenge, with the stock semi rounded the jig wanted to move because you don't want to crank it down to tight and put deep dimples in your stock.The holes that eventually became the wedges to hold the barrel down went quite well using the jig.I didn't use one of Dave's jigs cause I didn't know at the time he was selling them but the one I used did the job.I did however modify it taking the two ends and had a buddy turn them down to the size drill I planed on using.This made the chance of dimples less of an issue and made the jig a little more stable.If you do a search you can find pics on this as well as more info on others ideas on getting the holes right.I will give these jigs a thumbs up for folks that are tool crib challenged.